PDA

View Full Version : About to sign-up at PSO for first time. Advice?

jaybird
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
After procrastinating WAY too long, I'm finally going to sign-up at PSO and then Absolute poker. They seem to have some good promotions, but I'm a bit confused as to which is the best one to start with.

They have the Nevada Jacks poker set promotion where you get a 300 chip set.

They also have the NEWYEAR promotion where you get bumped up from 6000 points to 9000 points.

Which is better?

Also, should I bother signing up for rakeback if I'll just be bonus whoring?

Finally, is anyone an affiliate there? I don't mind putting someone down as a referral if they can provide me some good info/help.

Thanks!

TheHammer24
01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
first piece of advice, you should post this is the correct forum...ie the one two listings below the zoo.

jaybird
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first piece of advice, you should post this is the correct forum...ie the one two listings below the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. Mod, can u move this?

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
First, read every last sentence when signing up. If you are careless and make a mistake it's your fault and you will most likely not be credited for anything.

Second, at Absolute, rakeback is the only way to go. They don't deduct bonuses from rakeback so you clear rakeback and bonus concurrently. However, if you play below 1/2 Limit you don't want to be playing at Absolute anyway.

Third, 9000 points is roughly equivalent to $90 in their store. I'm sure the Nevada Jacks is a much better deal.

Fourth, like the other guy said, you should have posted this in the Internet Bonuses forum. It's even sponsored by Poker Source Online...

ddutty
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I'd do the Nevada Jacks bonus first, it's a really nice set of chips. I plan on keeping mine, but could sell them on ebay for over $100 I think. Then just do the 9000 bonus on another site after that. Might as well do both. I think you can clear both at Party and Paradise, the two easiest sites to clear. And definitely go with rakeback on Absolute if you plan on playing there for any amount of time in the future.

Card08
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
I agree about the Nevada Jacks. I ended up selling my set and was able to get $125+shipping on Ebay just before Christmas. Best sign-up offer Ive seen for only a few hundred raked hands.

belgianbeerlover
01-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Get the NJ chips- you won't be disappointed. I did mine on Paradise- it was easy. Regarding Rakeback- it's my first priority. You should be able to get deposit bonus and rakeback through an affliate if the site offers it. Maybe Absolute becomes the next Party Poker /images/graemlins/grin.gif. You'll be very sorry if you didn't sign up for rakeback.

Feltin Licter
01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
What's PSO ?

dlk9s
01-04-2006, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's PSO ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Source Online, the sponsor of the Internet Bonuses forum. Check it out here:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com

MandM_WSU
01-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I've done almost 10 promos with PSO. It's great. If you don't already have a Party account, start there. The 20% up to $200 sign up bonus is very easy to clear. I did it in about 2 hours 2-tabling. There should be a January bonus in which you can do that and get 9000 PSO points as well. If you are a decent player (or even just a break-even player), there is no reason why you shouldn't be playing poker via PSO.

MM

Ainex
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Also make sure you check out their forums occasionally as they have occasional bonus promos. Last week they gave 12k points for Poker Room 400 points.

And as everyone else has said...Rakeback on Absolute >>> 9k points or any other bonus. NJ chips are great and I'm keeping my set. Paradise is damn easy to clear and their bonuses clear fairly well at 1/2 and I don't believe there is rakeback available for them.

Greg Miller
01-06-2006, 06:15 AM
If you plan on clearing bonuses at Absolute in the future, go for rakeback. They don't deduct your bonuses from your MGR, so you get the same rakeback as if you weren't clearing a bonus.

The three easiest rooms to clear at PSO are (in no particular order) Party Poker, Bodog, and Full Tilt. FT is not an upgrade room (so you only get $60 for them) and you should play Stud if you're playing at Bodog (but you don't have to know how to play Stud in order to beat the players there, just immediately fold everything that isn't at least a pair, three flush, or three straight).

carriermonkey
01-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Instant bankroll on party through PSO: beats any other signup bonus on party.

Full Tilt: 5 hours of 4tabling 1/2, was easy to do. Found the playerbase rather small and don't plan on playing there in the future.

Pokerroom: Huge bonus, and there are skins that you still can get rakeback on if you plan on playing there in the future. I can highly reccommend pokerroom! And not only becauce I left 300BB+ there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bodog: very easy to clear with very very bad players. Unfortunately you can't use pokertracker, but if you just play your regular TAG game you can win lots of money here. I totally sucked here, but that's my own fault /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've read on the PSO forums these were the easiest todo (and paradise, but I did a 50% up to 100 there allready) and those guys were right. I live in the Netherlands so I can only buy amazon.co.uk certificates with them, so PSO provided me with a shtload of pokerbooks for free.

jaybird
01-06-2006, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you should play Stud if you're playing at Bodog (but you don't have to know how to play Stud in order to beat the players there, just immediately fold everything that isn't at least a pair, three flush, or three straight).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because the games are so fishy or because the requirements clear faster at stud?

dlk9s
01-06-2006, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should play Stud if you're playing at Bodog (but you don't have to know how to play Stud in order to beat the players there, just immediately fold everything that isn't at least a pair, three flush, or three straight).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because the games are so fishy or because the requirements clear faster at stud?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both.

Because Bodog only gives you "points" if you contribute to the pot, Stud is great because you post a tiny ante every hand, so you always contribute to the pot. This way, you earn Bodog points quicker. And the players generally stink.

Trouthunter
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I did the $150.00 instant bankroll on Party for my first promo - highly recommended. Super easy to clear, and you get the money in your account pretty quickly. I'd do that one first and then move to the NJs. I went for the 12,000 points on pokerroom deal and I regret every second of it. Not because of PSO - those guys are awesome, but completely because of pokerroom. I can't wait to clear the bonus and get the hell out of there. In retrospect, I just got greedy. 12,000 points and $40.00 bonus was just too much to pass up.

naschburger2
01-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Party is definitely the easiest and if you haven't signed up yet do paradise and pokerrewards which is a prima poker site. At low levels since they increased the rake requirement Absolute is quite a bit harder than any of the above. These are the easiest to clear if you play lower limits.