PDA

View Full Version : Another UIGEA Analysis

Sniper
01-25-2007, 03:42 AM
Lawrence Walters, the 1st Amendment, and UIGEA (http://www.firstamendment.com/breaking_down_the_UIGEA.html)

LeapFrog
01-25-2007, 03:55 AM
thx for posting

Podes
01-25-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thx for posting

[/ QUOTE ]

N 82 50 24
01-25-2007, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thx for posting

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Red Lion
01-25-2007, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thx for posting

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Webster
01-25-2007, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, from a purely substantive legal perspective, the UIGEA is a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA - tell that to the millions that are no longer playing online, are afraid to play or are now forced to play on sites that are now rock gardens.

Before the bill I could play $5/10 limit with 50% flops (at times). Now - I'm lucky to find 2/4 games with 30% flops!

UIGEA is a flop my ass! But my view is not purely substantive. LOL

Wynton
01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
There was another link to this somewhere before. I mention this not to criticize the OP, but to suggest that perhaps we could compile some of these articles into a sticky.

Sniper
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was another link to this somewhere before. I mention this not to criticize the OP, but to suggest that perhaps we could compile some of these articles into a sticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a quick search before posting it, and couldn't find anything... if you can track down another thread, please link to it...

ps... if you want to compile other related thread links, organizational help is always appreciated...

Wynton
01-25-2007, 10:58 AM
It's possible I just saw that article indepedently. Anyway, later I'll make an effort to compile a list of other, good articles.

JPFisher55
01-25-2007, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA - tell that to the millions that are no longer playing online, are afraid to play or are now forced to play on sites that are now rock gardens.

Before the bill I could play $5/10 limit with 50% flops (at times). Now - I'm lucky to find 2/4 games with 30% flops!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see what the situation is one year from now. Evaluating the practical effect of the UIGEA at present is like evaluating a baseball trade one month into the season.

firstyearclay
01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a quick search before posting it, and couldn't find anything... if you can track down another thread, please link to it...

ps... if you want to compile other related thread links, organizational help is always appreciated...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper Translation: "I don't feel like doing it" (LOL)

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Serious Question: Sniper, I think you are an affiliate (at least I am guessing) any word on the affect on Affiliates in the U.S.?

FYC

KurtSF
01-25-2007, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see what the situation is one year from now. Evaluating the practical effect of the UIGEA at present is like evaluating a baseball trade one month into the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad analogy, me thinks. Sorta like the mantra around here for poker: you're being too results oriented. In baseball the analysis at the time of the trade is the only analysis that matters, because everything else is tainted by "results".

permafrost
01-25-2007, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Evaluating the practical effect of the UIGEA at present is like evaluating a baseball trade one month into the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

One month into the season and we have 1 win and 28 losses...are we in the wrong league?

Sniper
01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper Translation: "I don't feel like doing it" (LOL)

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Serious Question: Sniper, I think you are an affiliate (at least I am guessing) any word on the affect on Affiliates in the U.S.?

FYC

[/ QUOTE ]

FYC,

The content on this forum is user driven... you see something you think should be organized... then organize it!

Personally, I help to organize stuff all the time, I know that some find it helpful.

Finally, I am not a poker affiliate... you can find further discussion on the effect of recent events on affiliates in the Affiliates/RakeBack forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=rakeback)