PDA

View Full Version : 50 Free Tournament Dollars @ UB

Cue-Ball 66
01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
We’re giving away 10% of your next deposit in Tournament Dollars. Act fast – this offer won’t last long!

Deposit $25 or more using Visa, Mastercard, ePassporte or Wire Transfer between 6pm ET January 24th and 11:59pm ET January 26th and you’ll get 10% of your deposit in Tournament Dollars (to a maximum bonus of $50).

We can see that you are puzzled by the mention of Tournament Dollars… but don’t worry! Tournament Dollars allow you to buy in to Tournaments and Sit n’ Gos. There is no clearing, no hoops, and no minimum hands to be played. This is free cash to crush your opponents.

--------------------------------

Unsure whether I can deposit $650 and get both the reload and the T$ bonus. Will have to find out.

Stake Monster
01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
UB is dishing out a lot of bonuses lately it seems.

michaelantoi
01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
so basically they're giving away free tournament cash?

I can deposit $500, get my free ticket and withdraw?

britdevine
01-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Too bad i have no way to deposit right now

Niediam
01-25-2007, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though their email said that you don't have to 'clear' anything UB will freeze your cashout if you just deposit/withdraw.

I'd give them an hour or so of cover play and I'd guess you would be ok...

themandude
01-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey I just deposited via mastercard to get this bonus. I thought you would get the deposit bonus and this tournament bonus, I got the deposit bonus but I can't see where the tournament credits are? Could someone tell me where I can find them.

jonyy6788
01-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Go try to buy into a donkament or a donk n go and you should be able to purchase with T$

Cue-Ball 66
01-25-2007, 04:21 AM
I tried it too mandude, and it didn't work.

I got the bonus, but I have no T$s.

Bobo Fett
01-25-2007, 04:43 AM
I'm not surprised. Since they were two separate bonuses, they will likely require two separate bonuses, unfortunately.

Anyone get this yet? I'm curious exactly how the tournament dollars are handled.

Bobo Fett
01-25-2007, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though their email said that you don't have to 'clear' anything UB will freeze your cashout if you just deposit/withdraw.

I'd give them an hour or so of cover play and I'd guess you would be ok...

[/ QUOTE ]

Having reread the promotion page, it appears that the T$ are only usable for tournaments, but whatever you cash in the tourney(s) is yours.

Cue-Ball 66
01-25-2007, 04:59 AM
Other thing was, I tried to contact them in the
'contact us' pop-up window. And as soon as I click send the page refreshes, with nothing saying whether or not my question was sent.

Anyone know anything about this?

Suigin406
01-25-2007, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not surprised. Since they were two separate bonuses, they will likely require two separate bonuses, unfortunately.

Anyone get this yet? I'm curious exactly how the tournament dollars are handled.

[/ QUOTE ]

can someone confirm whether u need two separate deposits for this?? i sent them an email but they haven't responded and it wasn't clear in the email either...also stinks i'm still waiting for the verification process at epass to deposit...

carguy
01-25-2007, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried it too mandude, and it didn't work.

I got the bonus, but I have no T$s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just deposited and got both /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To recheck yours go to a SNG and click on register the pop up will ask you confirm the buyin. click on the little pull down arrow next to the dollar amount and you will see the drop down for your tourney dollars /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks UB!

Ohgod
01-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Not for me - if I try to buy in to an SNG with TD I get a 'you don't have enough money' message. I take it support will get back to me in about a month, right? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

carguy
01-25-2007, 07:02 PM
No you're right I'm an idiot...I don't have enough money either. I never noticed the pull down before and didn't know how to work it. Sorry for the misinformation

Cue-Ball 66
01-25-2007, 08:25 PM
It must be 2 seperate deposits. I'll try and deposit now and let you guys know.

EDIT: I have to wait until tomorrow, since I've already deposited today. So I'll do it in ~ 5 hours time.

Stake Monster
01-25-2007, 08:42 PM
So if I deposit say 400 bucks right now with no deposit code, I should get 40 bucks in tourney money right away?

themandude
01-26-2007, 12:56 AM
could i deposit say 500 then get the T$ and then withdrawl... I have a deposit bonus going right now aswell.

Bobo Fett
01-26-2007, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
could i deposit say 500 then get the T$ and then withdrawl... I have a deposit bonus going right now aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how they'll treat this bonus, seeing as it's a little different, but: There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about someone's UB withdrawal being denied because they had deposited for the bonus and not played enough before withdrawing. He actually had played, just not "enough". There's one of these threads every few weeks, it seems. UB's apparaently not fond of the immediate withdrawal!

Cue-Ball 66
01-26-2007, 03:15 AM
Well I deposited again and still don't have the T$s.

I've e-mailed them and asked why.

CountingMyOuts
01-26-2007, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how they'll treat this bonus, seeing as it's a little different, but: There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about someone's UB withdrawal being denied because they had deposited for the bonus and not played enough before withdrawing. He actually had played, just not "enough". There's one of these threads every few weeks, it seems. UB's apparaently not fond of the immediate withdrawal!

[/ QUOTE ]

They will nullify the bonus if you do that, it's part of their T&C for bonuses now.

ChunLisBF
01-26-2007, 08:20 AM
this seems more like a trap then a bonus

DocMartin
01-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I deposited, no code, expecting 50 Tournament dollars but didnt get them and no reply from support yet.

CountingMyOuts
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I deposited, no code, expecting 50 Tournament dollars but didnt get them and no reply from support yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cue-Ball 66
01-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Ditto, and I emailed quite some time ago, and still no response.

Longy
01-26-2007, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here i have got an extra 500 in bonus dollars though, but i have deposited to get these mystical 50 T$

AaronL
01-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I just made two deposits for $500 (one through epassporte and one through my debit card) to get the current reload and 50 tournament dollars... instead I received the reload bonus twice... I think I would rather have the 50 tourney dollars as it doesn't require the extra play through... I guess I will email support and see if I can get it resolved...

Cue-Ball 66
01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I just re-checked, and I too have got the reload bonus twice.

Bobo Fett
01-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Well, this double reload thing got me excited. I had decided against depositing for the tournament dollars, since no one was getting them, and of course I get beat up on exchange rate depositing via CC (I'm Canadian). But given results posted here, I decided to take a chance and deposit $650. Sweet nothing. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I've sent yet another email, maybe one day I'll get a response and some kind of bonus.

Edit to add: got an email from eworldholdings@merchant.metacharge.com confirming the deposit afterwards (I deposited by Visa)...haven't seen one of these before. Anyone else? I deposited for the reload just a couple of days ago with the same Visa, and did not get one. I wonder if they have a new processor, and if this has anything to do with the bonuses not being credited properly.

Lucifer9
01-27-2007, 04:11 PM
seriously. After advertising so much in email and at startingpage, how can everybody NOT get the Tournamnet dollars. I emailed them 2 days agoand received no reply, is their customer supports always this slow?

Such a reputatde site surely wont ripp us all off, they must have some technical problem and will add the bonus afterwards, right?

Has anyone received any tournament dollars?

gila
01-27-2007, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously. After advertising so much in email and at startingpage, how can everybody NOT get the Tournamnet dollars. I emailed them 2 days agoand received no reply, is their customer supports always this slow?

Such a reputatde site surely wont ripp us all off, they must have some technical problem and will add the bonus afterwards, right?

Has anyone received any tournament dollars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard UB. And no, I have not received my td's.

carguy
01-27-2007, 07:22 PM
After making on deposit of $650 and emailing several times I received two replys. The first appologizing for the delay and crediting me the $50 tournament dollars (I checked and they were there). Three hours later I get another email saying I'm not eligable for the tourney dollars /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A day later they are still in my account so I don't think even they know what's going on

Nonononono
01-28-2007, 12:13 PM
No tournament dollars here, only bonus dollars, so I e-mailed them saying yes, I got the bonus dollars, but the giant advertisement said I would receive tournament dollars, what the hey?

Finally got my reply three days later:
<font color="blue">
Thank you for contacting us!

According to our records, your account was credited 100% in Bonus Dollars, as you can see below:

500.00 Deposit - ... 2007-JAN-25 xx:xx:xx PM

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
</font>

Thank you. I was not aware of that.

Ohgod
01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I got the following response from Support:

Regarding your previous message, notice that the promotion offered Tournament Dollars, which was a ten percent of your deposit up to 50 Tournament Dollars or Bonus Dollars, which was a hundred percent of your deposit up to 650 Bonus Dollars. The customer had to choose how the promotion was going to be credited. Your account was credited in Bonus Dollars as per your decision. Bellow you will be able to read a copy of your transaction history in Bonus Dollars showing the moment the promotion was credited.

I must have missed the question in the cashier saying 'do you want bonus or TD'. Hmm.

Nonononono
01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must have missed the question in the cashier saying 'do you want bonus or TD'. Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a ditto here, but I guess 500 bonus dollars is almost as good as 50 tourney dollars. I do have a LOT of bonus dollars accumulated though.

Nick-Zack
01-28-2007, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess 500 bonus dollars is almost as good as 50 tourney dollars. I do have a LOT of bonus dollars accumulated though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to the same. I have several thousand dollars in bonus money that I will never fully clear. The $50 tournament dollars is the really the same as cash.

gila
01-28-2007, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess 500 bonus dollars is almost as good as 50 tourney dollars. I do have a LOT of bonus dollars accumulated though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to the same. I have several thousand dollars in bonus money that I will never fully clear. The $50 tournament dollars is the really the same as cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather have the bonus $$, but I guess that is more for people that actually play there.

Ohgod
01-28-2007, 06:22 PM
In my attemp to get this bonus, I made two separate deposits of $500 each. For the first I got bonus, but no TD, and I got nothing for the second. Since I got nothing for the second deposit, I withdrew it again. I have just received the following email:

Thank you for contacting member services.

Please let us inform you that we had withdrawal your bonus of your account due to your deposit. Since you deposit $500 and did not wager based on this deposit and withdrawal exactly $500 that were not based on any winnings and not wagered almost 24 hours later we deducted the bonus of your account. You are not entitled to receive the bonus.

However, we do apologize for the misleading information regarding the promotion, we were going to credit your account with Tournament Dollars, unfortunately you withdrew your deposit.

Remember that we are always at your services 24/7/365. Do not hesitate in contact us for further information, questions or concerns.

So I now have no TD or bonus dollars - note I only withdrew one of the two deposits. I'm trying to think of a suitable response to send...

Crix
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
What a joke this is turning out to be. I like many others made a $500 deposit in order to get the $50 TD's. The fact that UB are telling people that they had to choose if they wanted bonus $ or TD's is bull$hit. There was no such option to choose when I made my deposit. Customer support is out to lunch as usual and haven't replied for 3 days now.

JLaw
01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
It looks like I got both -- the bonus was credited to my account, and it appears that I've got tournament dollars to spend (assuming the existence of the pulldown means there's tourny money to spend).

I'm not currently playing UB, but probably will all next week so that I can pull some $$$ out (without incurring the wrath of their customer service dept due to lack of play) rather than funding my ewallets via my bank account.

Jeff

gila
01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(assuming the existence of the pulldown means there's tourny money to spend).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the case, it always shows that. If you try it though, I think you will be disappointed.

And by the way UB, great promo.

Cue-Ball 66
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, I emailed and got my TDs.

And I still have my bonus dollars.

So I'm happy.

gila
01-28-2007, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I emailed and got my TDs.

And I still have my bonus dollars.

So I'm happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you deposit once or twice?

Crix
01-28-2007, 10:57 PM
After my second email to support, I just got my TD's credited to my account.

rabiddog
01-29-2007, 01:17 AM
I just signed up at UB on the 26th, I think it was. Deposited $650 to get the welcome bonus and tourny dollars. Then was reading the time frame for the deposit. Thinking I made the deposit too early in the day (not realizing the time frame was over a 2-3 day period, scan reading I guess messed me up). Anyhow thinking the time frame was between 6pm and midnight on the 26th, I made another deposit of $500 around 8pm cst. Then realized the first deposit should have given me the tourny dollars because it was actually in the time frame. Anyhow, I received the welcome bonus of $650 and apparently a reload bonus for the $500 I deposited. Had I known that was going to happen I would have made the full deposit of $650. In either case though, I never received the tourny dollars. Also never saw where you had to declare one way or the other. I did email them the same day and havent heard back from them yet.

Bobo Fett
01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Took me about 5 emails, but they finally credited the 50 TDs to my account as well. Just an FYI, you won't see the Tournament Dollars anywhere...you actually have to register for a tournament. Getting the drop-down showing the TD buy-in option proves nothing, you get that whether you have the TDs or not. If you are able to actually register with TDs, then you know you have them!

EDIT to add: I made the $650 deposit for the 100% match early last week, and a seperate $500 deposit for the TDs later in the week.

Bobo Fett
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
One last post on this topic for me - just noticed, the tournament dollars DO appear on the Cashier page, so it's easy to see if you received them. For me, they show up below the "deposit", "transfer", and "withdraw" buttons, and immediately above the "Ultimate playersclub" section. It says "Tournament dollars: 50". Just a little FYI for those who aren't sure if they got them or not, as some of you (us) weren't.

Ohgod
01-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I've now got my TD as well - I even got a reply in English, so apparently they're gradually getting their [censored] together /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gila
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've now got my TD as well - I even got a reply in English, so apparently they're gradually getting their [censored] together /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am afraid to even email them about this. Last time I didn't get a bonus, I emailed them. Instead of putting in the $200, they took $200 out of my bonus account. After a few more emails, they said I didn't play enough since my last deposit and took ALL of my bonus, like $800 at the time. I basically told them to Fk off at that pt and just go ahead and close my account (I had been playing a ton there). I figured, if they didn't want my 150k a year in rake, I would just go play somewhere else. Which I did, for about two years. Ha, now I'm back, with a rakeback deal this time. But, no more emails from me complaining about bonus not being put in my account. I learned my lesson. Here is to hoping they just go ahead and put the $50 T in my account on their own accord.

Longy
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Well i have a reply telling me that i got a reload bonus (which i did) for my $500 deposit and that i apparantly had an option when i deposited ,which is totally untrue.

So my fight with support continues i have told them i want my T$ and they can have their 500 bonus dollars,its not like i haven't got enough of them already.

DocMartin
02-01-2007, 03:33 PM
After 4 emails I finally got the 50 tournament dollars instead of 500 bonus dollars. They said I had to "choose" which one I wanted when I deposited but there was no way to make this choice.

martin81
02-02-2007, 07:34 AM
It seems UB support dont know about their own system.

There was no option when depositing to choose what bonus You needed.

I deposited 3 times and got signup and reload bonus.

But 50 TD only came after an email complaint after 2 days wait.

Longy
02-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Well after a week of emails (think it was 8 in total) i got my tournament dollars and had my reload bonus dollars taken away.

Good old UB customer service but i got what i asked for in the end.

Chapter7
02-03-2007, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well after a week of emails (think it was 8 in total) i got my tournament dollars and had my reload bonus dollars taken away.

Good old UB customer service but i got what i asked for in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much had to go through the same thing to get the tournament dollars. I guess at least they did actually credit them to my account in the end.