PDA

View Full Version : Is UB about to jump ship? Disturbing wording

Boredom
01-24-2007, 06:46 PM
*EDIT* Mods, move this to the zoo if that's where it belongs.

It says on UB now under "information about withdrawals":

"Important Note – Withdrawals: UltimateBet is pleased to offer free check withdrawals using regular mail for a limited time. Due to new policies from certain processors, no other withdrawal methods are currently available, unless you have an account with Click2Pay (not allowing new U.S. signups) or InstaDebit (only available to U.S. customers until Feb.1, 2007 for withdrawals). Currently, the best way for players to withdraw is via paper check."

( this is located here: http://www.ultimatebet.com/rules-strategy/deposit.html )

Also, UB just recently started offering a 100% reload bonus for US players only for any amount up to $650. If I add 6 + 8 together here, this looks like a very bad sign.

Sorry if this was discussed already, didn't see it. Please if anybody knows anything lemme know, I'm freaking out.

Ron Burgundy
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
And what's the bad sign?

Zele
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I read "for a limited time" as modifying "free".

Also, should probably go in Zoo.

Boredom
01-24-2007, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And what's the bad sign?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, the fact that it says paper checks are the only form of withdrawal for most US players (those without Click2Pay accounts) and will only be available for an unspecified "limited time", and meanwhile are vociferously encouraging US players to deposit, with a sweet US-exclusive deposit bonus?

Boredom
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read "for a limited time" as modifying "free".

Also, should probably go in Zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that too but I'm not so sure.

I wrote them an email asking them to clarify, will post their response when I get it.

holdin2
01-24-2007, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And what's the bad sign?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, the fact that it says paper checks are the only form of withdrawal for most US players (those without Click2Pay accounts) and will only be available for an unspecified "limited time", and meanwhile are vociferously encouraging US players to deposit, with a sweet US-exclusive deposit bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you interpreted this statement incorrectly. The "limited time" refers to the checks by regular mail for free (not normally free, for a limited time). Withdrawls for higher amounts ($2k?) have been free in the past. I read nothing into this that checks will no longer be an option after a limited time.

And of course they are encouraging US players who have to jump through hoops to deposit a nice incentive to do so. This is bad how?

ADS
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
This is what I just got from UB:

Member,

At this point, we are offering Chexx. Chexx works the same way as an E*Check, and is a regular paper check that we send by mail to US customers (unlike E*Check in light of the new policy) and is accepted by US banking facilities. We do not have epasseporte set up for withdrawals on our site. We are, however, expecting to have more methods available in the upcoming week. We will announce any formal changes soon.

SlapPappy
01-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Why would they offer regular mail checks for free?

Isn't that like saying: HEY AS A SPECIAL OFFER WE ARE OFFERING THE SLOWEST AND ONLY POSSIBLE WITHDRAWAL METHOD FOR FREE!!! FOR A LIMITED TIME

I thought regular mail checks were always free. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Courier mail is the option that usually get charged.

holdin2
01-24-2007, 07:32 PM
From their FAQ section:
------------------------------------------------------------
Delivery time for checks is approximately 14 days, depending on your location. Checks of $2000US or more will be sent to you via courier service at our expense. Please note, your bank MAY charge you a fee to process the check. You may wish to verify this information before cashing out.
------------------------------------------------------------

I was under the impression their was a fee for regular checks becuase it is obviously more work than for their automated electronic payment processing methods (of the past) to handle your withrdrawl requests. A way to keep people from cashing out $50 3x a week at their expense. Whereas $2k cashouts will be less frequent and worth their time to keep big spenders happy I guess.

And what's wrong from a business standpoint to emphasize check service is free even if it already was? I believe it wasn't though, so it's natural to offer it for free since there are no other options.