PDA

View Full Version : Write a PSA on your facebook/myspace page

Dane S
01-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Maybe even make some of those dumb chain messages? Anything for visibility right? On my facebook page, I posted a segment from the article by Martin Owens then wrote this below it. Share yours too. Let's drum up some good rhetoric! (remember stirring up emotions and convincingness waaay more important than facts)

<font color="green"> If the anti-online gambling jihad angers you and makes you feel as if you are living in a country run by old white militant nannies, get in touch with your legislative representatives and tell them so. This is all lunacy as there is no way online gambling can be stopped ANYWAY (this has been attested by countless legal experts), they just want to waste a lot of money and cause a lot of problems while they fail at it in order to satisfy political-religious motives and the agendas of financial backers. These measures also bring the US into defiance of the World Trade Organization regulations which could result in major economic sanctions levelled against us.

The best immediate step for online poker specifically would be a carve out from other forms of gambling so that it is renamed a game of skill instead of a game of chance. This carve out has already been accomplished in some states, including California. Since poker IS in fact a game of skill, you would think this might make some sense to do. The religious right's politicans have no problem protecting horse racing and lotteries who contribute millions to campaigns, but poker on the other hand is evil. I guess they don't feel they are doing a good enough job [censored] up the lives of Iraqis, so now they're going to step up the harassment campaign at home.

So call your congressman, your senators, and your state legislator. Tell them you don't want to be nannied, you don't want to live in a country that wantonly, arrogantly defies international trade laws, and you want a bill drawn up that carves out and legalizes online poker. </font>