PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat good news from gambling911 article..

yeahright
01-22-2007, 11:18 PM
"Offering a flicker of hope to the online poker community, whose television popularity belies the illegality of its online presence, the gaming trade publication Gambling911.com reported last week that the National Council of Legislators from Gaming State, at a conference in the Florida Keys, responded favourably to comments by the head of the Poker Player's Alliance, Michael Bolcerek, regarding the benefits of legalised online poker."

http://www.gambling911.com/US-Foreign-Banks-Gaming-012207.html

MegaDisgruntled
01-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Not to be negative, but he was not the focus. I am sure they were just humoring him.

Mega

Sniper
01-22-2007, 11:55 PM
yeahright, I would be interested if you could provide a link to a release made by the National Council of Legislators from Gaming State, that indicated a favorable reaction?

yeahright
01-23-2007, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeahright, I would be interested if you could provide a link to a release made by the National Council of Legislators from Gaming State, that indicated a favorable reaction?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really just trying to point out one thing the PPA is doing. Everybody claims the PPA is doing nothing to help.

Proving the reaction was favorable would be pretty tough.

1p0kerboy
01-23-2007, 10:13 AM
edit: the info I found was from a meeting in 2004

MiltonFriedman
01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
"National Council of Legislators from Gaming State, "

---- I am sure this is a real organization, not just something made up, which is holding a meeting in Florida in the winter.

ANYONE know ANYTHING about it ?

1p0kerboy
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
---- I am sure this is a real organization, not just something made up, which is holding a meeting in Florida in the winter.

ANYONE know ANYTHING about it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did some research on it.

It is an organization made up of our legislators (congressman) that come from states which have some sort of gambling, even lotto tickets. I think 40- something states are represented.

They are neither pro- nor anti- gambling but moreso provide a platform for opposing views to be expressed. They are involved in the safe regulation of legalized gambling.

Their next scheduled meeting is this June in Las Vegas.

I might be interested in going and writing a piece for the 2+2 internet magazine provided I could get media credentials.

ekdikeo
01-23-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.nclgs.org/

There's an "s" at the end, stateS /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here's the scoop, as far as I can tell:

These guys all go out and spend a week in a giant posh resort in Florida. They spend about 8 hrs of two days talking about gaming. 2 hrs of that 16 hrs went to internet gaming. They meet twice a year. They update their website about every 6 months. At an initial glance, I'd say that it's just an excuse to blow some taxapayers money to spend a week in a nice resort. That's what the big business guys do - schedule a week at some resort, have a day or two spent working, so it counts as a work expense, have work pay for it.

Maybe I'm just disenfranchised with the whole government, but they look like another layer of "do nothing".

yeahright
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I might be interested in going and writing a piece for the 2+2 internet magazine provided I could get media credentials.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a good step for the new 2+2 organization. Maybe a litmus test of sorts.

See if 2+2 could get a media pass for this meeting. If not, you see where you stand. If you can get a pass, the next step would be actually getting time with the legislators.

One step at a time. But, I do suggest, if you want to join a meeting in June, you better start acting now.

And, one other thing. If the new group wants any kind of press credentials at the WSOP, you might want to start buttering me up....:)...guess who's company controls all press passes at the WSOP? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wynton
01-23-2007, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
guess who's company controls all press passes at the WSOP? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And what company is that?

1p0kerboy
01-23-2007, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you might want to start buttering me up....:)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.reillydairy.com/pics/wisconsin_butter.jpg

keebler61
01-23-2007, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guess who's company controls all press passes at the WSOP? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Harrah's entertainment.

Proud sponsor of your friendly, poker hating Tennessee senator Bill Frist.

yeahright
01-23-2007, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well first off, like any good high profile company, giving money to just about all senators is a good idea. That's just politics 101 for large companies.

Anyway, I won't go into more detail about the situation, but if I don't want someone to have a press pass, they won't have one, I promise.

keebler61
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well first off, like any good high profile company, giving money to just about all senators is a good idea. That's just politics 101 for large companies.

Anyway, I won't go into more detail about the situation, but if I don't want someone to have a press pass, they won't have one, I promise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, let's not pretend like they just tossed him a few bills. It was something like 46k if I remeber right. Harrahs was like, in the top 15 on the list of donators.

yeahright
01-23-2007, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, let's not pretend like they just tossed him a few bills. It was something like 46k if I remeber right. Harrahs was like, in the top 15 on the list of donators.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more like $60k, but I'm pretty close to the situation, and I'm pretty positive Harrah's isn't behind the online gambling bill. If you really wanted to look into it, Harrah's probably gave just about every senator in america money, and maybe a little more to Frist because he was the MAJORITY LEADER, not because they were all for banning online gambling.

But whatever, carry on with the conspiracy theories.

Richas
01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
guess who's company controls all press passes at the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like YeahRight can get into the nice soft press game....

Sniper
01-23-2007, 05:04 PM
yeahright,

Just want to make sure that I got this right... Is it Harrah's Ent's official position that Online Poker Players should not organize themselves?... and should not have a voice...

yeahright
01-23-2007, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeahright,

Just want to make sure that I got this right... Is it Harrah's Ent's official position that Online Poker Players should not organize themselves?... and should not have a voice...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue what Harrahs position is regarding individual players. I'd assume they only care about their business, and not that of players.

I don't work for Harrah's though, so you'd have to ask them about that.

Would they support or work with a player group other than the PPA....pretty positively NO.

I don't work for Harrah's or the PPA though, just to be clear.

Wynton
01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeahright,

How about explaining exactly who you work for and what your basis of knowledge is? I keep getting the impression that you're claiming some inside information, though you never seem to say so explicitly.

yeahright
01-23-2007, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeahright,

How about explaining exactly who you work for and what your basis of knowledge is? I keep getting the impression that you're claiming some inside information, though you never seem to say so explicitly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be able to post a lot of the things I do if I said how I get my info.

Just take my posts with a grain of salt.

You don't have to believe me, but if I say things like I'm about 1000% sure the PPA will not even bother to respond to the claims of 2+2 (like I've been saying since day 1), you can pretty much take that to the bank as fact.

Wynton
01-23-2007, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeahright,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be able to post a lot of the things I do if I said how I get my info.

You don't have to believe me, but if I say things like I'm about 1000% sure the PPA will not even bother to respond to the claims of 2+2 (like I've been saying since day 1), you can pretty much take that to the bank as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not willing to divulge any source of information, then do us all favor and stop suggesting that you have any information greater than the rest of us. I'm getting tired of people here (and this is not directed just at you) making vague claims to inside knowledge without ever backing it up.

yeahright
01-23-2007, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeahright,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not willing to divulge any source of information, then do us all favor and stop suggesting that you have any information greater than the rest of us. I'm getting tired of people here (and this is not directed just at you) making vague claims to inside knowledge without ever backing it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't read my post...I don't care if you do or not.

I know there are a few people on this forum who do know who I am, so my post can be just ment for them.

ekdikeo
01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
yeahright,

Considering you come off as nothing but a shill, maybe you should make some statement that shows you have credibility?