PDA

View Full Version : Check in , Check out ok?

ayahuasca
01-21-2007, 02:44 PM
While suboptimal, from what I've read here and elsewhere, am I correct in saying that there is no problem with sending checks to and receiving checks from poker sites that still allow US players to play (FullTilt, Stars, etc.)?

If so, is there anything on the horizon, other than the poker sites themselves disallowing US players, that would threaten the check in, check out method?

It'll take time and it's annoying, but it seems like a solution to allow play to continue.

cdlarmore
01-21-2007, 02:50 PM
this is exactly what i am wondering...cant wait for an answer

ericicecream
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
At the moment it seems fulltilt is not issuing checks. Hopefully they will soon?

I don't believe these companies are accepting personal checks, only official bank checks.

mungpo
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Fulltilt is issuing checks again.

redbeard
01-21-2007, 05:20 PM
i suppose it depends upon what you deem "on the horizon" to be, but the federal regulations that are supposed to be out within the 270 day period of when the bill became law would specifically prevent u.s. banks from funding accounts. therefore checks written on accounts from the u.s. would not work.

Spike Forehand
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Recently asked this question of Poker Stars CS regarding depositing. They state that they can accept cashier's checks or money orders, but not personal checks.

Minimum deposit for these methods of $100. Must be sent registered mail to the Isle of Man.

- Spike