PDA

View Full Version : online poker outside the box

co illusion
01-21-2007, 05:55 AM
What is the governments agenda with online poker?
It amazes me how close minded not all, but a vast majority of the people on this site are. I guess so much thought is put into poker theory that everything outside of poker is lacking. My purpose is not to make enemies. Hopefully we can all think more logically about the situation. With that will come better discussion.

I love playing poker. Most of the time I love playing online. It bothers me how things are transpiring, but in it’s current state, online poker is a very shaky. Has been from the beginning. Over the past year I have been fortunate and unfortunate, depending on the view, of knowing someone associated in software development. Indirectly for the software necessary for the sites we play on. I don’t expect anyone to take what I am writing as gospel, but just think about it.

For everyone that says “the sites have so much to loose if they do that!”
How does certain information get leaked about a sites software if you have 2,3,5 or 10 companies building hardware/software in different stages. In areas of the world where Texas hold em does not exist. This is how the government creates new technologies. With so many different sub contractors, they have no clue what or where the final result is.

Money is money. There are things that are equal or greater in profit than the rake to these sites. Nothing is off limits if the proper precautions are taken. And they are.

Money laundering is the MAIN reason for all this. Money laundering through terrorist groups. Anyone who cries about our right to play poker online needs to tell this to someone who lost family to 9/11. As I said before I love poker, but don’t cry about it when you have all your family to talk, touch and love. So one again MONEY LAUNDERING OF TERRORIST GROUPS= main reason for all this.

At least one large, well known site is believed backed by said groups.

There are a few more I will get to after I get some sleep. I just want to get something up after reading some people cry about our rights when our rights for the most part went out the window in September of 2001.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but just think a little outside the box. It will make more sense.

Also..
Neteller will hold out as long as possible with the millions waiting to be paid. With the money they are hoping to recoup from interest, the higher up mustaches, will string until mid year with a perfect chain of excuses. Not saying 100%, but was told not to be surprised if it happened

ChexNFX
01-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Gtfo troll.

LeapFrog
01-21-2007, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gtfo troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Chex, is it your full time job to jump on noobs? Granted this time the guy is a total troll

[ QUOTE ]

So one again MONEY LAUNDERING OF TERRORIST GROUPS= main reason for all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyways, delete thread, lifeban ftw

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9152/stinglolts3.jpg

solucky
01-21-2007, 06:46 AM
seems u really believe that terrorists use neteller:), i only want tell you that osama made millions on the wall street during 9/11 so ban this. They can get there money from everywhere, checks, bank accounts, or at sample E-BAY.
You get anything for a effective BOMB in your next warehouse for less than 50$. A safe place is nothing else than an imagine !!!!!!

PropPlayer
01-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Okay if what you say is true, then we can go way out of the box. If the USA would stop messing with the terrorist poker sites than maybe they would stop blowing up buildings. How is that for out of the box?

Tiburon
01-21-2007, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So one again MONEY LAUNDERING OF TERRORIST GROUPS= main reason for all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

swing and a miss

tangled
01-21-2007, 07:58 AM
What is the name of the " large, well known site", and what is your proof? You have none because there is none. If you had proof and you actually cared about terrorist victims you would be screaming the name of the site and your proof from the roof tops. It sounds to me like you are trying to channel Joseph McCarthy, but instead of 'names of communists in your pocket' you use terms like "said groups". Who said and why? If making slanderous charges without any proof whatsoever and then trying to shield yourself from criticism with the blood of 911 victims is "thinking outside the box" then I would rather stay inside the box.

Further, if terrorists ever did decide to launder money through internet gambling sites, UIGEA would be their friend because it allows them to operate in a shady nether world where their actions would be well hidden. Regulating online poker is the best way to watch the internet gambling sites, and it would provide needed money for the government to fight real terrorists.

Jan
01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the governments agenda with online poker?
It amazes me how close minded not all, but a vast majority of the people on this site are. I guess so much thought is put into poker theory that everything outside of poker is lacking. My purpose is not to make enemies. Hopefully we can all think more logically about the situation. With that will come better discussion.

I love playing poker. Most of the time I love playing online. It bothers me how things are transpiring, but in it’s current state, online poker is a very shaky. Has been from the beginning. Over the past year I have been fortunate and unfortunate, depending on the view, of knowing someone associated in software development. Indirectly for the software necessary for the sites we play on. I don’t expect anyone to take what I am writing as gospel, but just think about it.

For everyone that says “the sites have so much to loose if they do that!”
How does certain information get leaked about a sites software if you have 2,3,5 or 10 companies building hardware/software in different stages. In areas of the world where Texas hold em does not exist. This is how the government creates new technologies. With so many different sub contractors, they have no clue what or where the final result is.

Money is money. There are things that are equal or greater in profit than the rake to these sites. Nothing is off limits if the proper precautions are taken. And they are.

Money laundering is the MAIN reason for all this. Money laundering through terrorist groups. Anyone who cries about our right to play poker online needs to tell this to someone who lost family to 9/11. As I said before I love poker, but don’t cry about it when you have all your family to talk, touch and love. So one again MONEY LAUNDERING OF TERRORIST GROUPS= main reason for all this.

There are a few more I will get to after I get some sleep. I just want to get something up after reading some people cry about our rights when our rights for the most part went out the window in September of 2001.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but just think a little outside the box. It will make more sense.

Also..
Neteller will hold out as long as possible with the millions waiting to be paid. With the money they are hoping to recoup from interest, the higher up mustaches, will string until mid year with a perfect chain of excuses. Not saying 100%, but was told not to be surprised if it happened

[/ QUOTE ]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501&q=loose+change +recut

SlapPappy
01-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey OP we are not terrorists we are Americans. So stopping Americans from playing poker or make sports bets doesn't stop anything.

SlapPappy
01-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Also, why would a terrorist come to America to open an American bank account to launder money throught a gambling site when that can already be done elsewhere? Makes no sense.

Conclusion: this is a moral crusade by Republicans possibly coupled by American gambling corporations wanting a piece of the pie.

ekdikeo
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Money Laundering is not the problem - money laundering is the statutes that they will use to go after the processors.

I would highly suspect that soon you will see someone claiming that online poker sites are sponsors of terrorism.

Between the "war on drugs" and the "war on terror", and the fact that in many states, it is illegal to play cards, I highly doubt we'll ever see actual legal poker online, unless it is setup on a state by state basis. And, who wants to only have a target market within one state?