PDA

View Full Version : Washington state governor breaks law, bets on Seahawks

Jerry D
01-20-2007, 06:07 AM
The Governor of the state of Washington bet hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise on the Seatle Seahawks. Under the law that she pushed for in the state of Washington she could potentially be guilty of a felony. Here is the article:

http://www.gambling911.com/Washington-State-Governor-Gregoire-Online-Gambling-Law-011907.html

kassdog
01-20-2007, 07:40 AM
This is old, every governor and mayor bet on these games with the opposing teams governor or mayor.

Ron Burgundy
01-20-2007, 07:48 AM
People in WA should raise hell about this. Seriously, call the police.

fish2plus2
01-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Its kind of funny when people point out the hypocrisy of the government.

Uglyowl
01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is old, every governor and mayor bet on these games with the opposing teams governor or mayor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's old, but it doesn't make it right. Gambling is now evil according to most politicians and should act accordingly.

We need to point out the hypocrisies of what they are doing to show them that citizens like this kind of stuff as well.

99.999999% (if not 100%) of gamblers and poker players do this for fun and we are not all supporting the terrorists /images/graemlins/mad.gif

dnord
01-20-2007, 09:46 AM
As has been pointed out in the other thread (involving the AFC teams), there's no house, there's no vig, there's no rake, and there's actually very little illegal about these kind of arrangements.

Also the other thread was funnier and more interesting.

Uglyowl
01-20-2007, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's actually very little illegal about these kind of arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once again will bring up my argument that if I made a website that acted like a clearing house for sports bets and didn't take a cut, but only matched up people, would it be legal?

If this is ok, lets rock and roll.

1p0kerboy
01-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Anybody have contact info for the governor?

JayA
01-20-2007, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As has been pointed out in the other thread (involving the AFC teams), there's no house, there's no vig, there's no rake, and there's actually very little illegal about these kind of arrangements.

Also the other thread was funnier and more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

dnord
01-21-2007, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's actually very little illegal about these kind of arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once again will bring up my argument that if I made a website that acted like a clearing house for sports bets and didn't take a cut, but only matched up people, would it be legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as long as it's for smoked meats and locally grown produce.