PDA

View Full Version : Reply if you have wrote your congressmen

phiphika1453
01-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Just wondering who has taken the responsibilty to write their congressmen.

Go to www.usa.gov (http://www.usa.gov) to find your reps email address.

jupiterpig
01-19-2007, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering who has taken the responsibilty to write their congressmen.

Go to www.usa.gov (http://www.usa.gov) to find your reps email address.

[/ QUOTE ]

got a response like 3 months ago from Burr (R-NC) and he basicaly said Osama was transferring money through poker sites and that is why they were bad

mpitts
01-20-2007, 12:05 AM
I have. John Linder. He replied and told me that he was a sponsor of the original bill and that online gambling is basically akin to letting your child play with a loaded firearm.

Uglyowl
01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Yes phone calls and letters to my Congressmen and President.

cmitch
01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
I wrote my Congressman (R) Ric Keller before the bill was passed. It was the biggest waste since he is one of the people deep in the religious right wing's pockets. Below is his response to me:

I live in Orlando, FL. If Keller is your congressman, you know who to vote against.

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act (H.R. 4777) was introduced by Congressman Bob Goodlatte on February 16, 2006. H.R. 4777 was referred to the House Judiciary Committee where it awaits further action.

While I understand your concerns regarding this issue, I must inform you that I support HR 4777. I believe internet gambling serves no legitimate purpose in our society, but instead is a danger to our society and families. Internet gambling is a growing cause of debt collection problems for banks and the consumer credit industry. This cost is ultimately passed on to the American citizens since banks are federally insured and the credit industry can pass its costs on to consumers. Unregulated gambling websites are a direct pipeline of dollars out of the United States into virtually unknown hands, making the financial services industry susceptible to criminal and terrorist activity and U.S. citizens vulnerable to identify theft and other personal scams.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to contact me again at any time should you have any additional comments about this or any other legislative issue. Also, please visit my Web site at http://keller.house.gov/ for regular updates.

Sincerely,

Ric Keller

Member of Congress

fnord_too
01-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I will be faxing the letter I wrote to my representative next week. I will also be editing it and faxing it to both of my senators.

TreyWilly
01-20-2007, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have. John Linder. He replied and told me that he was a sponsor of the original bill and that online gambling is basically akin to letting your child play with a loaded firearm.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is not against the law.