PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a leak or wimpy play with high pkt pair

jbeckern6
01-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Hero is SB with pocket KK. UTG+1 is 31/10/1.7 with several hundred hands, CO posts, no reads. I think a leak in my game is that I get too married to hands that are way ahead preflop, but lose a huge amount of value after the flop. Now if this hand had been HU, I would have stayed the aggressor, but with 2 opponents, and with me 3 betting pf and still getting raised, I had to put at least one of them on an A, so I mucked. Is this a good laydown or is it very wimpy (by the way, I was right about the A, UTG+1 had AQS and CO had A7s, but a K came on the river, but I don't think I can feel bad that my 2 outer would have hit)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 3 folds, CO (poster) calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
UTG+1 bets, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
UTG+1 bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Elevens
01-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Good fold.

GMMigge
01-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Urk, I hate these situations, there are a couple of draws out there and with no reads on villain then who knows, he may just be raising with a strong draw or something. I can't blame you for folding, it's not that, it's just that I feel sick /images/graemlins/smile.gif On the other hand, we got a caller in between who could very well have an ace too, and finally, if we actually are ahead then it's a quite vulnerable hand.

And by the way, next time you post, cut the action when you fold, that's all the information you had at that point when you played the hand, and it's all we need when we discuss whether your decision was correct or not.

Fat Nicky
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I'd take a look at the turn...folding to a bet and an overcall.