Holdem No Limit $0.50/$1 6 max

Seat 1 : <font color="blue">Villan (CO)has $107.70 </font>
Seat 2 : BT has $239.75
Seat 3 : <font color="blue">Hero (SB) has $188.25 </font>
Seat 5 : BB has $70
Seat 6 : UTG has $11.50

Game started with 5 players.

Dealing Hole Cards.
Seat 3 : <font color="green"> Hero has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif </font>

UTG folded, Villan called $1, BT folded, Hero called $0.50, BB checked.

Dealing flop - [Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

<font color="red"> Hero bet $2</font> , BB folded, <font color="red"> Villan called $2 and raised $4</font> , <font color="red">Hero called $4 and raised $16</font>
<font color="red">Villan called $16 and raised $84.70 and is All-in </font>

BT : ut oh
It's your turn.
Hero has 10 seconds to respond.

<font color="red"> Hero folded.</font>

<font color="green"> Villan wins $44.75 as the last player standing </font>

--------------------------------------------------------

i had been playing aggressive tight poker at this table.
i got a run of good cards in the space of a few hands and played them strongly.

the Villan had been very quite for about 20 minutes. he had been folding alot of hands and when in pots not doing anything of note.

he claimed after the hand that he knew i didnt have a Queen and that he caught he stealing.

i thought after him putting in the 4th reraise that my 8 kicker might not be good enough.
from cut-off villan can easily have KQ, QJ, Qxs or 99 or 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

looking at the action only i thought it was a fold - considering the tightness the villan had been displaying. maybe he was changing gears i dont know.

however i got to see more of the villans play and he never stuck his stack in again, and tended to bet weak when weak.

im pretty sure i was up against higher kicker, at worst 99 and at best flush draw.

the guy turned out to poor to okay and i got it all back plus more.

any thoughts on this hand or is the call/fold purely player dependant?

4_2_it
01-03-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm laying this down after the 4 bet. You are beat and if not, you can find a less marginal place to take his stack.

Now, against a 75/40 player, this is an easy call.

mindsplatter
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm laying this
down after the 4 bet. You are beat and if not, you can find a less marginal place to take his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry this was on Tribeca so there is no PokerTracker.
what does the 75/40 correspond to in player types?

also even though i found out were i was with the 3rd raise
should i have just called and looked at filling up for cheap or was the wasy i played it the best option?

4_2_it
01-03-2006, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm laying this
down after the 4 bet. You are beat and if not, you can find a less marginal place to take his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry this was on Tribeca so there is no PokerTracker.
what does the 75/40 correspond to in player types?

[/ QUOTE ]

75/40 is a player who voluntarily puts money in the pot preflop 75% of time and rasies preflop 40% of the time. This player is a maniac who could have any two cards and would push with any pp or piece of the board.

[ QUOTE ]
should i have just called and looked at filling up for cheap or was the wasy i played it the best option?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way he was betting you may have been drawing dead or at best to the remaining eights. You aren't getting odds to do either.