PDA

View Full Version : Designer guys episode w. Negranaeu & my basement tonite

PokerPaul
02-07-2006, 01:41 PM
It will be on HGTV in Canada.

The poker corner they put in my basement is OK, but the actual table and chairs we put in was not ready for when the show taped and they had to use a small octagonal regular table and chairs instead, so on the show it may look a little flimsy.

Otherwise i have no idea how the show (or myself) will look since i am seeing it for first time myself tonite.

Etaipo
02-07-2006, 03:50 PM
wait, wait, wait...

a home improvement show came with negranaeu and built you a poker room?

*jealous face*

how did this come about?

PokerPaul
02-07-2006, 05:31 PM
My wife applied to be on the show last year to redo our basement, and several months laters we made short list, and then were interviewed by the designer guys and they picked us to be on the show.

The negraneu thing was a total surprise they setup because he happened to co-incidentally be in toronto for a gig right while they were shooting our episode.

4thstreetpete
02-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey, is it the program called "Designer Guys: Come Play With Me (House/Garden)". It's on 8:30PM tonight. Would love to check this out.

PokerPaul
02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Thats the one....

just to let you know though the poker part is only a small portion of the overall show

Brom
02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Nice suckout on Negreannu there lol.
Basement looks sweet, did that cost you anything?

4thstreetpete
02-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Paul, you're nothing like I imagined you would look like. I was thinking a middle aged somewhat obesed balding white male lol.

Gorgeous home and kids. Has your wife warmed up to your poker lifestyle yet?

PokerPaul
02-08-2006, 12:34 PM
only had to pay for the furniture, rugs and decorations.

The fixtures, paint job, structural elements and consulting were free.

Actually, after the show was over we had them pull out much of the furniture and rugs, and we replaced them with other ones that looked the same but were literally about a quarter the price.

As for the suckout on Daniel, we were battling headsup for about half an hour, and at that point i had him outchipped about 6-1, i raised with A3s, and he moved in with AK, so obviously i have to call in that spot, and i hit my 3.

Its not like i cold called his allin with A3 with equal stacks.

BarronVangorToth
02-08-2006, 01:17 PM
For a fella living in the good ol' U-S of A and being a fan of Daniel Negreanu, how would one be able to view this program?

Any help appreciated.

Municipal Hare
02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For a fella living in the good ol' U-S of A and being a fan of Daniel Negreanu, how would one be able to view this program?

Any help appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're probably out of luck. It was only a very fleeting cameo by Daniel anyhow. As I recall, the arrangement of fold-out chairs and the "jumpy castle" got more airtime.