PDA

View Full Version : Party Football Promo - Week 5

MexKrax
01-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I can see question #1 for this week today. Anyone else seeing it early?

Who will win the football playoff game?
A)Pittsburgh
B)Cincinnati

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Gotta love Party. I'm glad they notified me the promotion was moved up a day...I didn't play yesterday so I don't get today's question...

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 12:19 PM
I've sent an E-mail, wonder what kind of form response I'll get.

I bet you they disregard my questions/concerns and reply with the Terms and Conditions of the Touchdown promotion...

MuckinWinners
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
You are gonna have to lay some good odds for that bet to get any takers! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MexKrax
01-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Looks like Pittsburg is a 3 point favourite. Anyone have any reason why I shouldn't go with the obvious choice?

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are gonna have to lay some good odds for that bet to get any takers! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Get this, the promotion page was evidently updated on Saturday to reflect the changes. Hmm, wonder how nobody mentioned this on 2+2. Oh well...guess I'll just sit out this week on Party...not like they care or anything...

radii
01-03-2006, 02:59 PM
e-mail sent, this should be good.

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
e-mail sent, this should be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

My E-mail:

Dear Party Poker,

Thank you once again for screwing me out of one of your promotions. It
seems you decided to change the Touchdown promotion. The previous 4 weeks
the promotion started on Tuesday and the first question was available on
Wednesday. Even yesterday when I click on the Touchdown promotion link it
said the 1st question will be available on Wednesday. Alas, when I check it
today, it tells me I didn't earn the required number of points yesterday and
will not be able to see the question for today even though the 1st question
was SUPPOSED to be on Wednesday.

Had I known about this revelation I would have assuredly earned the
necessary points. A day hasn't gone by in the last 2 weeks where I didn't
earn at least 30 regular party points on a given day.

Is there anyway of being able to answer this question for today, since this
is YOUR fault and not mine. I mean, how was I expected to know that the
promotion changed. Do you just expect me to play on your site in case
something comes up. Monday was a federal holiday that I spent with my
family and had no intention of playing internet poker. The only way I was
going to play yesterday was if there was a specific reason to do so. Your
touchdown promotion would have been that reason. But now I wonder if I
should ever play at your site again. The disregard you show for customers
that WANT to play at your site is appalling.

Regards,

"ANOTHER Unhappy Party Poker Customer"
Patrick A. Schwartz

THEIR RESPONSE:

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your concern. However, the change of details for the TouchDown
Promotion was updated on the website on Saturday.

The promotion for the Touchdown will work from Monday to Friday and the first
question for the TouchDown will appear on Tuesday from 10:00 A.M EST for 24
hours.

For more details please check the link below:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/us_football_promo.html

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Pallavi
Poker Customer Care

pokergrader
01-03-2006, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Pittsburg is a 3 point favourite. Anyone have any reason why I shouldn't go with the obvious choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is essentially a 50/50. According to covers.com, some places opened Cinci +3 and others opened Cinci -3.

I'll wait for Sniper before I put in my pick...

radii
01-03-2006, 03:24 PM
As for the game itself, it's going to be a tough one. Pittsburgh won in Cincinnati earlier in the year, but then cincinnati won in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh looks better going into the playoffs, but Cincinnati didn't have anything to play for last week, and in fact may have preferred a loss so as to not have to play Pittsburgh, so their recent loss can be discounted somewhat.

Cinci is the higher seed and home team, but Pittsburgh has the best defense in the AFC. Both teams can run the ball well(Pittsburgh runs for more yards but on a ton mroe attempts, both are at or above 4.0 Yards Per Carry on the season). Pittsburgh has more playoff experience. Cinci has the better passing game...

defense wins in the playoffs, I think I take Pittsburgh by a nose here and pray. But really, this is a tossup question IMO.

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 03:29 PM
ESPN Insider Scouting Report... (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=260108004)

[ QUOTE ]
Why To Watch
These teams know each other well, having split two games during the regular season. The Steelers go in confident and riding a late-season surge, while Cincinnati is coming off two losses in a row. Last Sunday's trouncing in Kansas City is some cause for concern even though the Bengals rested several players.

This is a game of contrasting styles. Pittsburgh is a blue-collar, physical team and will try to control the clock with the running game and intimidate on defense. Cincinnati uses a high-flying offense to force opponents into an up-tempo style of play and is a tough group to match up against.

Defensively, the Bengals are not dominating, but they are opportunistic and create a lot of turnovers. The team that imposes its will and style of play will win. There aren't any secrets between these bitter divisional rivals.

When the Steelers have the ball

Rushing: There is no mystery to what the Steelers want to do on offense -- run the football, wear down the Bengals, control the clock and keep the more explosive Cincinnati offense on the sidelines. Although it has had some injuries, Pittsburgh's offensive line is bigger and more physical than the Bengals' defensive line. Cincinnati's front seven really gets pushed around by offenses that have a power running attack, and that's exactly what the Steelers have.

The Steelers will run Jerome Bettis inside, especially in short-yardage and goal-line situations, but Willie Parker will get the bulk of the carries. His explosiveness and outside speed will put a lot of pressure on the Bengals. Parker is really developing as a cutback runner and can really accelerate through the hole. The Cincinnati defensive line gets into trouble at times because it doesn't play sound gap control defense and is really vulnerable to runners who break the play against the grain.

The left side of Pittsburgh's offensive line, guard Alan Faneca and tackle Marvel Smith, can be very effective at sealing the backside, as Parker starts right and cuts back left. Another area of concern for the Bengals is their third-down defense. Because the Steelers are so good at running the ball on first and second downs, they wind up in a lot of third-and-short situations, which for them is often a run situation. The Bengals must play disciplined and physical up front, especially on first and second downs, and they must get off the field after third downs.

Passing: The Steelers have utilizing a fairly basic and "safe" passing game in recent weeks, and they sometimes treat it as an extension of their run game. Part of the problem is Ben Roethlisberger's sore thumb, which limits his vertical throws. The reality is that Pittsburgh just doesn't like to take a lot of chances throwing the ball. The Steelers threw the ball only 16 times in Week 17 versus Detroit, and that number won't likely increase against a Cincinnati defense that leads the NFL with 44 takeaways and 31 interceptions.

The Pittsburgh offensive line has struggled at times with pass protection and could likely use a lot of two-tight end sets with Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman. That will give Pittsburgh better protection and also be a tough matchup for the Bengals' linebackers, who will be on the field a lot because the Steelers' base offense and running game keeps the Cincinnati nickel package off the field.

Also, the Steelers' run game forces the safeties up into the box more than they would like, and play-action opportunities versus single coverage gives this conservative Pittsburgh pass offense some potential big plays if Roethlisberger picks his spots correctly. Look for a couple of gadget plays, such as a halfback pass, as the Steelers try to take advantage of a secondary that intercepts a lot of passes but also gambles a lot and jump routes.

When the Bengals have the ball

Rushing: Although we think of the Bengals as mostly a high-flying passing team, they quietly run the football very effectively with Rudi Johnson. He is a power back, and most of his production comes between the tackles and after contact. He has great balance and a low center of gravity, and the Steelers must wrap up on their tackles.

The Bengals have most of their success running left behind LOT Levi Jones and LOG Eric Steinbach. However, the Steelers have arguably the best run defense in the league. Led by nose tackle Casey Hampton, the Steelers win at the line of scrimmage, push offensive linemen back into the backfield and eat up blockers to allow the linebackers to flow to the ball and make tackles.

This is a tough game for SS Troy Polamalu. The Bengals have so many passing weapons that Polamalu will likely be forced to play a lot of Cover 2 schemes as a deep-half safety, which takes him out of the box in run support. The Steelers need their front seven to get the job done in run defense without secondary help.

Passing: The strength of the Bengals their explosive passing attack, and the biggest weakness for the Steelers is their pass defense. The Bengals will try to lure the Steelers into man-to-man matchups versus their three-wide receiver package along with running back Chris Perry, who is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Although Perry has a bad ankle, the Steelers do not have a linebacker who can match up with him in coverage.

Pittsburgh would probably be best served to play a lot of Cover 2 schemes in a "bend but don't break" style, though that would hinder its zone blitz package and force Polamalu to play deep zones in coverage, which is not his strength. More than likely the Steelers will play some "man free" schemes with free safety Chris Hope as a center fielder and both corners playing closer to the line of scrimmage. That would allow Polamalu to freelance and blitz a lot, which is his strength.

However, none of the Steelers corners can turn and run with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh, and with Hope in the middle, he can help out on only one receiver. The key for the Steelers is their pass rush and blitz. If they don't get to Carson Palmer and disrupt his timing, he will pick this Steelers secondary apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest point...since Cincy beat Pittsburgh and basically locked up the division 4 weeks ago, Pittsburgh has won 4 in a row, while Cincy eeked out a win vs. lowly Cleveland, and lost to crappy Buffalo, and got embarrassed by the not playoff bound Kansas City Chiefs.

I'd go with PIT in a close one...

LesJ
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Tornado hit a block down the road, right across from my son's school killing electricity until this morning (and my cable modem connection until just now basically), so I missed question #1 as well. Given the fact that a gas station roughly two blocks away from us and one block from where my son was in school was totally obliterated, I don't really feel like complaining about much of anything. I just feel lucky the worse thing to come out of the ordeal was a minor loss of utility service and missing out on a silly party poker football question.
Good luck this week!
Les

radii
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Dear Richard,

As all the NFL Games in the coming weeks will be played on Sunday rather than Monday, the touchdown promotion has been brought forward by a day. Hence, points need to be earned from Mondays through Fridays while questions will be asked from Tuesdays to Saturdays.

Please note the website has been updated with this information on the 27th of December.

Please go through the link for more information on the Touchdown promotion.

As you have not earned the required number of points yesterday, it would not be possible for you to answer today's question.

Balaji
Poker Customer Care

radii
01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tornado hit a block down the road, right across from my son's school killing electricity until this morning (and my cable modem connection until just now basically), so I missed question #1 as well. Given the fact that a gas station roughly two blocks away from us and one block from where my son was in school was totally obliterated, I don't really feel like complaining about much of anything. I just feel lucky the worse thing to come out of the ordeal was a minor loss of utility service and missing out on a silly party poker football question.
Good luck this week!
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in Atlanta? The ones that were reported in Norcross/Lilburn were not far from me. Glad to hear everything is alright.

Sniper
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just WOW... I say send in your response to the question anyway!!!

This is so sneeky... I'm goimg with... this promotion is costing Party far more than they expected!

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so sneeky... I'm goimg with... this promotion is costing Party far more than they expected!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna try and see what they say. What should I say is the reason though? Should I just be like I can't see the question or provide no explanation whatsoever? I'm gonna send them an answer but I want to know what some of the people around here think I should put as my reason behind sending them an answer? THey already told me I couldn't so how should I explain it away?

Sniper
01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I suggest waiting till tommorrow when you see question #2 and then just saying you couldn't see question #1... at least for the record you answered the question (and play a bit more than usual today) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sarge
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna try and see what they say. What should I say is the reason though? Should I just be like I can't see the question or provide no explanation whatsoever? I'm gonna send them an answer but I want to know what some of the people around here think I should put as my reason behind sending them an answer? THey already told me I couldn't so how should I explain it away?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about telling them that no one looks at the promotion on the News and Events page once it is originally posted and they have obtained the details of the promotion. I personally check the News and Events page nearly every day and unless you open the 'Touchdown' icon you would have never known. They moved the 'Blackjack Masters' promo back to the breaking news (they are either re-promoting it or changed it) but never moved the 'Touchdown' promotion. I played enough yesterday to get the question but would have never checked for the question if I hadn't checked 2+2. I'm not as harsh on PP as a lot of posters here, but this change is ridiculous. They could have just as easily put a pop-up like the scratch offs up when you logged on.

ur2god
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get this, the promotion page was evidently updated on Saturday to reflect the changes. Hmm, wonder how nobody mentioned this on 2+2. Oh well...guess I'll just sit out this week on Party...not like they care or anything...

[/ QUOTE ]
this is bs, last night it said the first question
was going to be availiable weds. damn liars

LesJ
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I live in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I work in Louisville and as I frantically left work yesterday a TV reporter erroneously reported that my son's school had been leveled. Actually, a gas station across from my son's school had been leveled, but my drive home was fast and furious to say the least. Crazy day.
Les

Thebram
01-03-2006, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was thinking the opposite, since there weren't any "who will get the kickoff" questions last week.

I think that having (more) problems with Question #5 the actual day of the game had them scrambling to avoid the problem for the next week.

I just happened to go read the terms at about 10:30 last night and saw the change. (Although I ended up dumping 68BB, so I almost wish I hadnt)

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Update...

I sent them another E-mail about the link in the My Account page not being updated and how that's what I look at not the general page that never gets looked at by anyone after a promotion is first announced. I also suggested they try announcing these changes with an E-mail or pop up message. Here's their response...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Patrick,

As informed ealier that the website was update on Saturday that is 4 days before
you could check the website. We have vrious bonuses and promotions at
PartyPoker.com and it is practically not possible for us to inform player
through e-mails or pop-up messages. The best way to communicate to our players
is through our website as we are not aware as to how many players are actively
participating in that promotion. Any changes that we do are immediately updated
on the News And Events section of the website. In future please make sure that
you keep checking the News & Events section of the website for the latest
happenings.

Have you heard about our latest tournament?

With the estimated $7 million prize pool, PartyPoker.comýs Million V is going to
be our most amazing tournament; you must ensure that you are part of the action
by qualifying online through PartyPoker.com. You might just get as lucky as
Michael Gracz, a 24-year-old recent graduate of North Carolina State, who won
the $1.5 million first prize.

You can either play our weekly Super-Satellites or play in our next set of
Semi-Finals. You can also refer to the following link:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm5.htm

Kusum
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

So I sent another reply about how that pretty much didn't answer my question, and I restated my question about the My Account page. I also tried to make a deal with them, that If I played 60 points tonight would they submit an answer for me. I then linked to this thread, not sure if that was the right move but that's neither here nor there, and went on to say I have no reason to play there at least the rest of this week.

This is kind of fun, I like going back and forth with their support, I'm surprised they're still replying to me to be honest...

poker327
01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I went to the Web site Sunday night and I read that they changed it to Monday-Friday. Sorry I didn't post it here.

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I just thought of something else. There is no game on January 28, it's the week off between Conf Champ and Super Bowl. So they will be asking games about the Super Bowl over one week in advance. That sounds kind of stupid if you ask me.

Also, it says you have to earn your points Mon-Fri from now on. But then it says the final question is on January 29, which is a Sunday. So for the last week it again reverts back to Tues-Sat? This promotion is all kinds of screwed up...

radii
01-03-2006, 08:10 PM
I sent Party a long e-mail documenting the issues that I had with how the VIP program has been run so far. Nothing nasty, no threats, but a simple comment about how I have more incentive to play elsewhere, how I feel that the current change to the NFL promotion, as well as the announcment in the 2nd half of December that there would be no points->cash or raked hand offers like we had been receiving in earlier months, how those two things felt like intentional deceit on the part of Party.

I also commented on how I felt that if Party could just simply offer a solid, consistant VIP rewards program for its high volume players that I would be more than willing to give them action on the 25,000+ total hands I usually play every month, but that with the current lack of organization in the VIP program I felt no incentive, desire, or need, to play any more than the bare minimum number of hands that I'm required to play for any given promotion.

I got a response that was mostly(but not entirely) insulting:

MEGA INSULTING:
---------------------------------------------------

As the promotion is geared towards players with football knowledge, players who are par-taking in this promotion would be perceived to be aware of when the games were played. Knowing that the game day changes would suggest that the information to this promotion would have to be updated.
-----------------------------------------------

are you kidding me? I'm an avid football fan, but last week there was a Sunday game and the promotion still ran through Sunday. The Sunday game last week started only 4 hours after the one this week does.

The not as insulting part of the e-mail:
========================================
However, we appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration for future promotions. To thank you for taking the time to put this point of view forward we have added a bonus amount of $20 was added to your bonus account. You are required to play 100 raked hands before 02-FEB-2006, as per the release restriction in order that the amount can be credited to your real money account.
==========================================

This game is going to be hard to pick. $20 is probably solid EV for this week anyway :P If only I honestly believed they were taking anything we have to say into consideration at this point, I would be very pleased.

Schwartzy61
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I guess this is the last of it, won't be playing at Party this week, guess I'll be back next MONDAY for the start of the football thing week 6...

First My E-Mail...

That still doesn't answer my question.

Yesterday, when I logged into the "My Account" web page and then clicked on
the link that says $1,000,000 TD promotion the web page that came up stated
there was no question and to please login Wednesday to see the first
question. Why was that page not updated? The general promotion page may
have been updated on Saturday but the link that leads directly to the
questions wasn't updated and it still said Wednesday was the first day for
this week. I do not have the time nor do I see any reason to have to check
your news and promotion page just to guarantee that you didn't decided to
change a promotion after the fact.

If you would like to have a happy customer and credit my answer I would like
to Choose A] Pittsburgh for the first question, I will even earn 60 regular
party points tonight if it would guarantee my answer being credited,
otherwise I have no reason to play at your site this week, and with the way
this promotion has been handled through the first 4 weeks, you give me no
reason to continue participating...

I'm not the only one, check out the following forum and the problems your
site has caused by pulling a Bait and Switch with this promotion...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4337518 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4337518&an=0&page=0#Post 4337518)

Regards,

Still Unhappy,
Patrick A. Schwartz

And now their reply...

Dear Patrick,

I would like to inform you that I have checked with the appropriate department
regarding the dates when the information was updated on the website. And I see
that it was updated on saturday and you could not get such a message as informed
by you. I am sorry to inform you that we will not be able to accept you answers
via e-mail as we do not accept the answers in this form.

Kusum
Poker Customer Care

Best part is, I've particpated in this promotion for two weeks (10 questions) and 3 of them have had to be answered by E-mail. That's 30%. So them saying they don't accept answers in that form is flat out wrong...

Obviously, I won't be missed...

Aaah, a Party-Free week for me... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MuckinWinners
01-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I sent the following emails:

To VIP@partypoker.com:
[ QUOTE ]
I am at work right now and am unable to confirm this but ...

I just had a friend tell me that question #1 was ALREADY available on the website. He said the question was "Who will win the playoff game, Pittsburgh or Cincinatti". Is this right??? If this is right, it would appear that the Football promo questions have been moved foreward by a whole day. If so, why were players NOT informed of the change???

Please advise ASAP

[/ QUOTE ]

Their reply from info@parypoker.com:
[ QUOTE ]

As all the NFL Games in the coming weeks will be played on Sunday rather than
Monday, due to the regular season finishing, the touchdown promotion has been
brought forward by a day. Hence, points need to be earned from Mondays through
Fridays while questions will be asked from Tuesdays to Saturdays.

Please note the website has been updated with this information on the 27th of
December.

Please go through the link for more information on the Touchdown promotion.

Rachel
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Then replied to info@partypoker.com with this:
[ QUOTE ]
Well that is JUST GREAT. Would you plaese tell me WHY I would check the news and events webpage about a promotion that has bee outlined before, and read by me, and participated in by me for FOUR WEEKS. AM I SUPPOSED TO ASSUME THAT THE RULES WOULD SOME HOW CHANGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME????? I am sorry, but this is PATHETIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have said more, but ......

pokergrader
01-04-2006, 11:53 AM
2: Pittsburgh will have possession of the football for greater than or equal to 32 minutes?
a) : Yes
b) : No

pokergrader
01-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Holy Crap!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Week 1

(06 – 10 Dec 05)

Week 2

(13 – 17 Dec 05)

Week 3

(20 – 24 Dec 05)

[/ QUOTE ]

Azalin
01-04-2006, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Crap!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Week 1

(06 – 10 Dec 05)

Week 2

(13 – 17 Dec 05)

Week 3

(20 – 24 Dec 05)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these numbers? (I know nothing of NFL - not even how its played..)

pokergrader
01-04-2006, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Crap!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Week 1

(06 – 10 Dec 05)

Week 2

(13 – 17 Dec 05)

Week 3

(20 – 24 Dec 05)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these numbers? (I know nothing of NFL - not even how its played..)

[/ QUOTE ]

Past performance:

4/5 Week 1
3/5 Week 2
3/5 Week 3

Sniper
01-04-2006, 01:22 PM
I have not checked all of Party's answers, but this one is WRONG...

Week#2...
Dec 15 - 3. Green Bay will have less than or equal to 250 passing yards in the game on Dec 19th: Yes or No? N

Can someone else confirm for me that I read both the stats and Party's page correctly before I shoot off an email to them!? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Random rambling... and how hard could it be to update last weeks results (why no week 4 results by now)... nice to see the tracking though! -- Score one for us!

Sniper
01-04-2006, 01:28 PM
For comments on prior weeks, see...

Week #4 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4290852&an=0&page=0#Post 4290852)

Week #3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4243231&an=0&page=0#Post 4243231)

Week #2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4192726&an=0&page=0#Post 4192726)

Week #1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4178498&an=0&page=1#Post 4178498)

S&SGW
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Week#2...
Dec 15 - 3. Green Bay will have less than or equal to 250 passing yards in the game on Dec 19th: Yes or No? N

[/ QUOTE ]

GB had 22/44 for 209 yds

-S&SGW

Sniper
01-04-2006, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Week#2...

[/ QUOTE ]

GB had 22/44 for 209 yds

-S&SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the QB passing stats before sacks... actual GB passing yds was 181, according to ESPN... either way, this would make the correct answer YES, not NO as Party is showing, right?

S&SGW
01-04-2006, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Week#2...

[/ QUOTE ]

GB had 22/44 for 209 yds

-S&SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the QB passing stats before sacks... actual GB passing yds was 181, according to ESPN... either way, this would make the correct answer YES, not NO as Party is showing, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I just checked my party page and it is showing it correctly, saying Y & Y.

-S&SGW

Sniper
01-04-2006, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right. I just checked my party page and it is showing it correctly, saying Y & Y.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really... mine is clearly showing Y N... even after rubbing my eyes a few times /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Week 2/Question 3

S&SGW
01-04-2006, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really... mine is clearly showing Y N... even after rubbing my eyes a few times /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Week 2/Question 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Dec 13 - 1. Which team will win the game on Dec 19th? Green Bay or Baltimore?
Y
N

Dec 14 - 2. Who will receive the kickoff in the game on Dec 19th Green Bay or Baltimore?
Y
Y

Dec 15 - 3. Green Bay will have less than or equal to 250 passing yards in the game on Dec 19th: Yes or No?
Y
Y

Dec 16 - 4. The total combined points of both teams will be less than or equal to 43 in the game on Dec 19th: Yes or No?
Y
N

Dec 17 - 5. Will Green Bay's margin of victory be 11 points or less in the game on Dec 19th? (A Green Bay loss will count as less than 11 points) Yes or No?
Y
Y

I dunno babe, I think they got this week right for me, not that I won anything. Of course the way they have the answers listed as Y or N for the first 2 questions where we were supposed to actually pick the team rather than Y or N is confusing! Better e-mail them!

-S&SGW

mackem
01-04-2006, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2: Pittsburgh will have possession of the football for greater than or equal to 32 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last 5 Games Overall
Pittsburgh Offense Cincinnati Defense
Time of Possession 34:19 30:10

Last 5 Games Own Conf
Time of Possession 31:46 31:21

Last 5 Games Own Div
Time of Possession 31:42 31:11

Last 5 Games Paul Brown Stadium
Time of Possession 34:11 30:32

Last 5 Games Post Season
Time of Possession 29:06 24:55

pokergrader
01-04-2006, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Week 2/Question 3

[/ QUOTE ]

It is confusing:

The first column is "Question Answered", meaning did you answer the question.

The second column is "Correct Answer", meaning did you answer correctly.

The correct answer box doesn't actually say what the correct answer was, only whether you answered it correctly.

LesJ
01-04-2006, 08:52 PM
I am not at all taking credit for party taking this step, but it is something I have mentioned in at least two emails to party support over the last couple of days. .

<<<I understand there is not a web link at this time to check results and bonuses earned at this point. I also am of the belief that there is much discontent over the way this promotion has been conducted thus far. This COULD have been a very fun, entertaining promotion. Up to this point, however, it was been much more FRUSTRATING than entertaining.

I, much like MANY other players, had NO IDEA that the promotion changed days this week. This is the SECOND week where there was not a monday game, so I am not sure what the impetus for the change was. It the design was to change it mid-stream, why not set it up to run Mon-Saturday the entire time?

Wayyyyyy too many times has the question been not accesiible thru the website. The first time (question #5 of week one), I did not know I could email you folks to get the question sent to me. I hit 3 out of the 4 questions I was ALLOWED to answer, and I believe I should get credit for question #5, since I tried to access the questions on the internet page almost every 30 minutes the ENTIRE day. I have asked what the result of this would be numerous times and have yet to receive a satisfactory answer. The basic response has been "we are aware of the problem and we are looking into it." You could give me an answer at some point. . either tell me I will get credit for the answer or you can penalize me for YOUR ineptitude.

I also think at this point (half-way thru the promotion) it is entirely reasonable to see where I stand on your books in this promotion. I feel I have earned either $150 or $200 (depending upon whether I am credited with a correct answer for #5 of week 1). Unfortunately, however, SEVERAL of the questions have had to be answered via email. I think as poorly executed as this promotion has been, it is only fair to receive some sort of verification at this point. Is this really asking too much??????>>>

They still haven't given me a good answer about question #5 of week one, however.
Good Luck everyone,
Les

crunchy1
01-05-2006, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've sent an E-mail, wonder what kind of form response I'll get.

I bet you they disregard my questions/concerns and reply with the Terms and Conditions of the Touchdown promotion...

[/ QUOTE ]

As with most any promotion offered by anyone Party also includes the standard clause in their promotional "contract".

From "Party Poker Standard Terms and Conditions": (http://www.partypoker.com/offers/standard_terms_conditions.html)

[ QUOTE ]
10. PartyPoker.com reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate a promotion at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice. Further, these Standard Promotional Offer Terms & Conditions may be modified or amended at any time by PartyPoker.com by the posting of new terms herein. It is your sole responsibility to check these Standard Promotional Offer Terms & Conditions and any applicable specific promotional offer terms before accepting any promotional offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

As always... read the fine print. It's pretty [censored] what they did in regards to the football promotion - but it's not against their Terms and Conditions. Attempting to rectify the situation if you happened to miss Tuesday's question is probably pretty futile.

Sniper
01-05-2006, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not at all taking credit for party taking this step, but it is something I have mentioned in at least two emails to party support over the last couple of days. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I am aware of several people that emailed party asking for a way to track this promotion!

LesJ
01-05-2006, 04:06 AM
<<<I am aware of several people that emailed party asking for a way to track this promotion! >>>
Considering the vast number of problems with the promotion, it seems like the right thing to do.

Does this mean that Party Poker actually listened to its players for once?
Les

Sniper
01-05-2006, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that Party Poker actually listened to its players for once?
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Party listens to its players... the message just needs to get to the right person some times though!

MexKrax
01-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Question 3 is up

3: Cincinnati will have greater than or equal to 265 overall passing yards?

A) Yes
B) No

As usual I'm waiting for the wisdom of someone who actually knows things about the NFL before answering.

--Vegas--
01-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Who can help me with this question ???

mackem
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question 3 is up

A) Yes
B) No

As usual I'm waiting for the wisdom of someone who actually knows things about the NFL before answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you are taking the favourite choice every time then you'd have taken Pits to win then have over 32 minutes possession which then leads to a no for this.

Party are giving you even money on each question so you probably have to take the odds on fave every time for +EV /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm not totally clued up on my NFL but CINC don't look like they've averaged anything close to 265 in the last 5 games. Am I wrong?

Schwartzy61
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Well in the two games they played this year Cincy had 211 and 222 passing yards. I'd go with No for this one.

Also Palmer averages 252 yards/gm but had 265+ 8/15 games. THat doesn't include the yardage taken away for sacks, so this seems like a definite under...

Schwartzy61
01-05-2006, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question 3 is up

A) Yes
B) No

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you are taking the favourite choice every time then you'd have taken Pits to win then have over 32 minutes possession which then leads to a no for this.

Party are giving you even money on each question so you probably have to take the odds on fave every time for +EV /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm not totally clued up on my NFL but CINC don't look like they've averaged anything close to 265 in the last 5 games. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way to do it is to take each question as an independent event and choose the answer that is most likely to happen.

In this case it just so happens Pittsburgh is likely to win, Pittsburgh likes to run the ball alot and only throw about 20 times a game so they should win the Time of Possession with 32+ minutes, and Cincinatti hasn't beaten Pittsburgh's defense for more than 222 yards this year so that seems like an under.

Look at the Stats from the two games this year, 1st game Pit won, 2nd game Cin won.

Game 1:
Cin throws for 211 yards
Pit controls the clock for 35 minutes
Pit wins

Game 2:
Cin throws for 222 yards
Pit controls the clock for 33 minutes
Cin wins

Take that for what it's worth...

Schwartzy61
01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
For those actually particpating this week I'd thought I'd post another scouting report concerning the Pit/Cin game:

Take 2: Steelers at Bengals (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/take2?gameId=260108004)

[ QUOTE ]
This biggest key to this game will be which team can dictate the style of play. Pittsburgh would like to play a ball-control style predicated on its ability to run the ball and control the clock. Cincinnati would like to speed the game up and turn it into a shootout.

In the first meeting, the Steelers got an early lead and salted the game away in the second half with its run game. In the second meeting, Cincinnati got an early lead and forced Pittsburgh to the air. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger eventually ended up passing for 400-plus yards, but it wasn't enough.

• Defensively, Pittsburgh would like to get pressure without having to use the blitz. However, that is something they have not been able to do on a consistent basis. If the Steelers can get pressure without the blitz, it will take a lot of pressure off their suspect corners. They tend to get into trouble when they have to bring an extra inside linebacker or SS Troy Polamalu. When the Steelers bring blitz pressure on Sunday, their corners will be left on an island, and Bengals WR Chad Johnson is one of the best at being able to go up and over a single defender to make a spectacular grab. Early on, the Steelers will sit back and force QB Carson Palmer to take the underneath throws. Pittsburgh would like to force Cincinnati to methodically work down the field to avoid falling behind early and getting into a shootout.

• Don't be surprised if the Bengals come out in a no-huddle offense. The idea here is that Pittsburgh likes to sub a lot of different players in for its blitz packages. Cincinnati also would like to move the ball up and down the field quickly and try to get a lead to force Pittsburgh away from its run game and into a pass-first mode. Also, Cincinnati has not had much of a rhythm on offense in the past few weeks. Getting into a hurry-up mode gets guys excited and moving around a little more swiftly.

• Look for Pittsburgh to establish TE Heath Miller early. The rookie tight end has had an excellent season, and outside of WR Hines Ward, is the most consistent receiving threat the Steelers will have on the field. Miller is a solid athlete with good speed who can get down the middle of the field. Pittsburgh established him as a threat early in recent wins, which helped the team's running attack as the games wore on.

Cincinnati would like to drop a safety down into the box to take away the Pittsburgh running game. By establishing Miller down the middle of the field, the Cincinnati safeties will have to respect him as a threat. Even if Pittsburgh doesn't complete the passes, it will keep those safeties on their heels.

• One of the X-factors for the Bengals this week will be No. 2 WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh. He does not get a lot of accolades, but he has firmly established himself as one of the best No. 2 receivers in the NFL. Pittsburgh CB Ike Taylor did a pretty good job of containing Johnson in the first two meetings, so don't be surprised to see the Steelers place on Johnson regardless of which side Johnson aligns on. This will leave Houshmandzadeh matched up with veteran Deshea Townsend, who has been a little nicked up this year and has not produced as he has in past seasons. Houshmandzadeh is excellent working the short to intermediate part of the field and has the quickness to separate from Townsend initially. If the Steelers are able to hold Johnson in check again, Houshmandzadeh is good enough to take this game over.

• One player the Bengals were happy to see back in the lineup last week was backup RB Chris Perry. He had missed the previous two games with a high ankle sprain, and there were concerns he would not be ready for the playoffs. Though he had only 19 yards from scrimmage last week, his presence should be felt in the playoffs. Despite missing two games, Perry finished with 51 receptions. He also averaged 4.6 yards per carry, which is actually more than starter Rudi Johnson averaged.

Perry's ability to come in and give Johnson a rest will pay dividends late in the game if the Bengals are trying to seal the win. His presence also will be felt on third down, where he has established himself as an excellent back. He runs very good routes, has soft hands and does an excellent job of getting up the field quickly after the catch. His ability to make plays out of the backfield will play a role in helping the Bengals convert third downs and maintain possession.

• The Steelers' Polamalu has established himself as one of the best safeties in the NFL. He is the total package on defense. He can blitz, play man coverage, is good in underneath zone and shows excellent speed and range to play in deep coverage. Palmer must locate him before every snap. Palmer will need to be quick to identify Polamalu and decide where he wants to go with the ball based on that presnap read. He can't just drop and throw, because Polamalu is excellent at showing blitz and dropping. Palmer's ability to read Polamalu will go a long way toward determining how effective the Bengals can be offensively.

• Though it ultimately will be the passing game that will determine the outcome for the Bengals, they cannot become one-dimensional. Although the best way to beat Pittsburgh is by attacking its average corners, having balance will prove to be extremely important. Defensively, Pittsburgh thrives on stopping the run and trying to make a team one-dimensional. When the Steelers can do that, their blitz pressure vs. the pass can become relentless.

One way to slow them down will be by running occasional draw plays in passing situations. Although you might not get the first down, it will at least put it in the mind of defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and the Pittsburgh defense that the threat is there. As long as there is a threat of a draw, it might slow the defense down just enough later in the game for Palmer to unload the ball and make a key play to either put away or win this game.

Special Teams
In the last two weeks, Pittsburgh's special teams have really stepped up, especially the punt return unit. Antwaan Randle El has had big returns in three consecutive games, and they have all been momentum changers. Cincinnati has improved its punt coverage unit and now ranks 16th in this category, but it must be even better this week. Randle El is the one player on special teams for Pittsburgh who can turn this game around. On the other side of the ball, Cincinnati KR man Tab Perry also has had an excellent season. He was a big difference maker the last time these teams met and consistently set up Cincinnati's offense in good field position.

Both teams have solid kickers who have kicked in big games and hit game-winning field goals. Cincinnati's Shayne Graham will represent the AFC in the Pro Bowl and recently set Cincinnati's franchise record for consecutive makes at 14. Cincinnati P Kyle Larson might be peaking at the right time. He is coming off his best game of the season, which saw him average 49.4 yards on seven attempts.

These teams are extremely evenly matched in the kicking games and the return games. The one difference is Randle El. He will be the best special teams player on the field, and that is why the Steelers have the advantage.

Matchups
• Cincinnati MLB Odell Thurman vs. Pittsburgh RB Willie Parker
• Pittsburgh CB Ike Taylor vs. Cincinnati WR Chad Johnson
• Cincinnati CB Deltha O'Neal vs. Pittsburgh WR Hines Ward
• Pittsburgh ILB James Farrior vs. Cincinnati RB Rudi Johnson
Cincinnati LOT Levi Jones vs. Pittsburgh OLB Joey Porter

• Inside the matchups

Scouts' Edge
This is the rubber match in a three-game series. Pittsburgh comes in hot, while Cincinnati is not. Pittsburgh had its backs up against the wall in December and has come out swinging. Cincinnati seems to have put it in cruise control in recent weeks. That is not a good thing for this non-playoff-tested team. It is hard enough for seasoned teams to flip the switch when they need to, but to ask a team with no playoff experience to do so might be asking a lot.

The game comes down to which team can make the other play its style. Cincinnati wants to get into a shootout, and Pittsburgh wants to run the ball and control the clock. Pittsburgh has played better on the road than at home and already has won in Cincinnati this season. The Bengals will need to keep their composure if things do not go well early. There is a feeling that if a few things go wrong, their players and fans will get a "here we go again" type mentality.

There is no team in the NFL as mentally tough as Pittsburgh. Look for Cincinnati to come out and try to strike quickly. Pittsburgh will not play as aggressively on defense and instead will come out and get an early feel for what the tempo will be. The biggest key for Pittsburgh's offense will be ball security. Defensively, the Bengals struggle in all phases, but turnovers mask a lot of their deficiencies. If the Steelers take care of the ball, they will win.

Prediction: Steelers 23, Bengals 20

[/ QUOTE ]

mackem
01-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Today's question..
4: Pittsburgh will have greater than or equal to 150 overall rushing yards?

Schwartzy61
01-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Pittsburgh offense averages 138.9 yds/gm
Cincinnati defense averages giving up 115.6 yds/gm

In the two contests this year between the teams Pittsburgh rushed for 221 yards in a win and 95 yards in a loss.

The odds say No for this one even if you expect Pittsburgh to win, I think Cincinatti will come out ready to stop the run and let Big Ben beat them. Pittsburgh will run the ball 40 times but I don't think they will average more than 3.5 yards per carry in this one...

S&SGW
01-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Schwartzy,

Just wanted to thank you for all the great info you've been dispensing in these threads. I used to be quite a football enthusiast but lost interest in it some years back.

To you, Sniper, and all those who make it easier for this dummy to get answers, I say thank you thank you!

-S&SGW

Sniper
01-06-2006, 02:18 PM
We interrupt this thread for a HalfTime Survey...

Sniper
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schwartzy,

Just wanted to thank you for all the great info you've been dispensing in these threads. I used to be quite a football enthusiast but lost interest in it some years back.

To you, Sniper, and all those who make it easier for this dummy to get answers, I say thank you thank you!

-S&SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

I echo this... thanks schwartzy for posting the insider stuff... and anyone else who continues to provide useful info on this promotion!

... and Your Welcome F&C S&SGW for any assistance I provide!

Schwartzy61
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
You guys are very welcome. I love football. And I love trying to analyze certain aspects of the game. If that information will help me or someone else profit off of Party Poker, that's even better.

poker327
01-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Q. Cincinnati will receive the initial game kick off? Yes / No

S&SGW
01-07-2006, 01:04 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mackem
01-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I got stiffed by Party for Question 5. Friday night is drinkies night so I didn't think I'd be playing but got back in time to rattle of some Mini Steps just to get the 30 points. I wouldn't have even logged in and played but to earn Question 5. But Party says I've only earned 27.

What sort of clock are they using that means this isn't 30 points earned on Friday 6th?

Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068262 2006-01-06 13:15:41.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068183 2006-01-06 13:17:50.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068953 2006-01-06 21:30:08.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068789 2006-01-06 21:30:11.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068562 2006-01-06 22:15:39.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068789 2006-01-06 22:16:45.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068789 2006-01-06 22:59:07.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 1 #1068716 2006-01-06 22:59:10.0 = 3 pts
Taken to Mini Step 2 #1067587 2006-01-06 23:49:42.0 = 6 pts

Total = 30 pts

'Single Table Tournaments and Multi - table Sit and Go Tournaments with less than 50 players
Tournaments which have $1 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 3 Party Points
Tournaments which have $2 - $4 as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 6 Party Points'

Schwartzy61
01-07-2006, 01:13 PM
First Game in Cincinatti (PIT calls it):
CIN wins toss, elects to Receive, and PIT elects to defend the North goal.

Second Game in Pittsburgh (CIN calls it):
PIT wins toss, elects to Receive, and CIN elects to defend the North goal.

Well you got a 50/50 shot. Both teams will want their offense on the field first. This is gonna be a tempo game and the team with the ball first will have the best chance to set the early tempo. Pittsburgh is visitor so they have to call it and with Pittsburgh's history with coin tosses (Remember Thanksgiving in Detroit in a few years back) I'd go with Yes on this one.

Also notice how the question changed from a few weeks ago. It used to be Team A will receive the kickoff. Now it says initial game kick off. Interesting...

otctrader
01-07-2006, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody able to see the question normally or is this the "weekly email special?"

LesJ
01-07-2006, 02:02 PM
It is blank for me as well

mackem
01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got stiffed by Party for Question 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Thank you for contacting us.

After complete check on our records, we see that you did join the mini steps single table tournaments for earning the required 30 regular party points towards the promotion.

However, we would like to inform that the last tournament (Mini Step 2 #1067587 - NL($20/$2)) finished after 00:00 hrs and will be counted towards January 07, 2006. The 6 party points towards the tournament will be credited to your account for January 07, 2006.

We are sorry to say that, you are not eligible for todays Touchdown promotion.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!'

There you go. You have to second guess the T&C's. Can't see anywhere on the site that would make you think it's when a "tournament finishes" which decides what day you earn points.

Enjoy!

AngusThermopyle
01-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Blank here.
Sent them an e-mail to info@PP :

Hello?
Me again.
Once again, the "Question #5" gremlin is at work.
Check how many regular points I earned yesterday, Friday 6th.
49 regular points.
Go to "$1,000,000 touchdown promotion"
I see:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the question.

Today's question..

BUT NO QUESTION.
Submit button, yes.
"Please click here to view your previous weeks answer." Link, yes.

No question.

From an online forum, I think the question is supposed to be:

If this is the correct question, I would like to submit my answer as "YES".

If this is not the correct question, please send it to me so that I might send you my answer.

Either way, please respond to this message and let me know if you are accepting my answer, and if not, why.

Thank you,

Their response, less than 10 mins later:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Today's NFL Question (07-Jan-06) is: 5) Cincinnati will receive the initial game kick off? Yes /
No

As you have replied to the question as 'Yes' we have forwarded this to the department concerned.

mackem
01-07-2006, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There you go. You have to second guess the T&C's. Can't see anywhere on the site that would make you think it's when a "tournament finishes" which decides what day you earn points.

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience casued to you in regards to the Party Points being calculated based on the tournament end date. That is how the sytem has been designed. We agree that we did not mention the above point explicitly on our website. However, please note that, neither did we mention that Points will calculated based on tournament start time.

I'm enjoying that! How silly I was to think such a thing.

Why not zero my account because I didn't log in for 2 days running then when questioned where in the T&C's this is, just say, there's nothing in them that says we wouldn't zero your account.

I got a reload bonus for my time though.

However, as we see that you are a special player on our site we would like to offer you a 20% Deposit Bonus up to a maximum of $100 on your next deposit.

This is a release-restricted bonus. You will be required to play 5 times the bonus amount in raked hands within 30 days of your deposit.

Enjoy!

Sniper
01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Wonder if they will get question 5 to dispay properly by the 8th week? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Schwartzy61
01-07-2006, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wonder if they will get question 5 to dispay properly by the 8th week? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of odds are you gonna lay?

Sniper
01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Schwartzy, if you still haven't gotten them to take your answer to question 1 by email...

FYI... take a screenshot and send it to them... the current page in my accounts shows...
"Please login on Wednesday to check the first question of this week."

Schwartzy...
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday, when I logged into the "My Account" web page and then clicked on
the link that says $1,000,000 TD promotion the web page that came up stated
there was no question and to please login Wednesday to see the first
question. Why was that page not updated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poorly Informed Party Customer Support Rep ...
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to inform you that I have checked with the appropriate department
regarding the dates when the information was updated on the website. And I see
that it was updated on saturday and you could not get such a message as informed
by you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schwartzy61
01-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, Pittsburgh got the opening kickoff...

Schwartzy61
01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Palmer's out, don't think Cincy will get the passing yards today for sure...

Sniper
01-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Question Summary...

1. Who will win the football playoff game?
5. Cincinnati will receive the initial game kick off?

Schwartzy61
01-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Looks like a tough week for the obvious choices...

PIT only has 17:00 possession 2/3 of the way through the 3rd quarter...32:00 wo'nt happen...

CIN has already racked up 211 yards passing even with Kitna in there...265 is looking more and more likely...

I'd like to apologize for leading you boys astray...looks like it didn't matter that I didn't particpate this week...I'd probably would've been 3/5 by the time the game ends anyway...

Schwartzy61
01-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Here we go...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Patrick,

We would like to confirm that your enquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate department.

Rest assured that you will receive a response at the earliest.

Further to your query, the format for $1,000,000 Touchdown promotion has changed from 2nd of January, 2006. The questions for the next week would be sent from Tuesday to Saturday instead of Wednesday to Sunday. Hence, you are required to earn 40 regular points each day from Monday to Friday.

For more information please visit https://secure.partypoker.com/news/events/us_football_promo.html

AnirbanD
Poker Customer Care

--Original Message--
Date: 2006-01-08 13:57
To: bonus@partypoker.com
Subject: RE: Reply from PartyPoker.com [#4350008]

Hello again,

I am re-opening my problems with your Touchdown Promotion. I have attached to this E-mail a bitmap image of my Account page when I click on the touchdown link. It states rather clearly that I should please login WEDNESDAY to see the FIRST question. This is the same exact message I saw on Monday January 2, 2006. And this is the reason I did not play on your site Monday to qualify for the first question of the week. I would just like to thank you personally for preventing me from participating in your promotions. It is pretty obvious you don't care about individual players as long as you have 70,000+ logging in and paying rake...

In addition, is the promotion still running Monday through Friday or should I login Wednesday for the first question as YOUR site is telling me...

Regards,

Patrick A. Schwartz

[/ QUOTE ]

Think anything will come of this other than the fact that they will fix the My Account link?

Sniper
01-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Since you didn't participate the rest of the week, its unlikely they do anything else!

fwiw, I sent in my answer to question 1 on Wednesday and they acknowledged receipt.

Based on the way the game is going, it's likely to not matter anyway.

Schwartzy61
01-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Alright, here are the final results (UNOFFICIAL)...

1: Who will win the football playoff game?
A) Pittsburgh
B) Cincinnati

Pittsburgh 31
Cincinnati 17

A) Yes
B) No

Pittsburgh 28:18
Cincinnati 31:03
:39 disappeared...

A) Yes
B) No

Cincinnati had 243 passing yards on 25/41 passing

A) Yes
B) No

Pittsburgh ran the ball 34 times for 144 yards. Thankfully they kneeled with 2:00 to go, Kneeled 3 times for -3 yards...

5: Cincinnati will receive the initial game kick off?
A) Yes
B) No

PIT wins toss, elects to Receive, and CIN elects to defend the South goal.

I coulda/shoulda/woulda been 4/5...

Sniper
01-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Final Results...

1. Who will win the football playoff game? PIT
2: Pittsburgh will have possession of the football for greater than or equal to 32 minutes? NO
3: Cincinnati will have greater than or equal to 265 overall passing yards? NO
4: Pittsburgh will have greater than or equal to 150 overall rushing yards? NO
5. Cincinnati will receive the initial game kick off? NO

Details...
Final Score: PIT 31 - CIN 17
PIT TOP 28:57
CIN 243 Passing Yds
PIT 144 Rushing Yds
PIT won the coin toss and elected to receive

Sniper
01-08-2006, 08:46 PM

Schwartzy61