PDA

View Full Version : my last couple of days of poker (crazy).

buddha01
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
This is what happen to me over the last week or so.

Bought in £100, lost it all.
Bought in £100, lost it all.
Bought in £100, played well went up to £1700.

Went away proceeded to get a cold then return back to the (internet)tables a few days later.

Bought in £100, again again again . lost every penny(all £1700 then proceeded to lose £700 of my own money above every thing.(werid thing during this was my left hand had some sort of muscle spasim, i could not control my left hand it would flex up real bad?? what is this?

I then was in the situation where I had to pay £320 rent and £250 loan money and only had £120 to my name.

Yes my ass was feeling like yours as you read this too.

I then went back to the tables after I considered how f-ed I was, I then played my A game for a long evening. it was not even hard for me I killed it with in about one hour.

I made £1200 with my £120 (in total after about 6 hours) (3/6 tables) withdrew that and left my orginal £120 in my online account.

Now this is were it gets interesting after being a monster almost unbeatable the other day, I go online this monring before hitting work and play this hand, ready I need a punch in the face.

Full table, one raise, me and one other guy on the table.

Im holding queen of spades and the ten of hearts.
Flop 2H,Queen-H,6-H. (so a possible flush right there for the other guy).

He checks it, I check it, Turn eight of clubs.
Board- 2H,Q-H,6H,8C.

I bet 8$, he goes all in with $256 I call it with my $126.
fifth card, well it was another heart and it made a flush for me also but he had the king-H which was obvious, it was either that or the ace as the queen was down why would it go all in.

I need a kicking, I need some sort of beating to wake me the f up, I seem to either be able to play two types of poker, full on you cant touch me Im going to make 1000% profit (which ive do when I put my head down) or I commit suicide. Im not one to talk to myself but man its getting close. I dont no man some times I sit down and its like I cant feel pain or Im just not in game other times trust me I dont care who you are I will beat you, I can just see the flop and see through it like its magic, its not just the flop its how you bet, how you have bet, I swear my whole body my very fiber is about poker, other times ... does this happen to any body? I want some body to really give me a good flaming.. I think its not understanding the value of money but darn the amount of times Ive gone broke and had to live on rice and tuna for a month.

It seems to me I need 6+ hours to really get warmed up and once I do I can play for 30+ hours (easy) and just smash it.

I need to leave the tables alone unless im serious, its like some sort of masochism.
I good beating ,a soild wake up call, I wish I was still a kid so my dad could beat the living day lights out of me.

Sorry but this board is for sharing poker, my story is not even about poker, its about how bad some body can play, donating thats what its called, I fight some times to give my money away.

My goal now is to play once a week seriously, make it a saturday, play for 3 hours fun money then go in low stakes for a hour see how it goes then hit the big tables and crush them.

I still need a good beating.
I dont even feel bad, There is some thing wrong with me.

Freerollin`
01-03-2006, 11:58 AM
A) I don't know what the hell you were thinking on the hand you described. If you play that way, I can't fathom your turning a profit.

B) This belongs in the psychology forum. On that note, I think you have a serious gambling problem.

mikechops
01-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Dude, I dont want to beat up on you but you sound pretty messed up. I think you should seek some help.

I've been playing $50NL/$100NL and seen worse plays than yours. I've often wondered what were they thinking. I figured some of them just don't know how to play, but it sounds to me like you know what you are doing is stupid and go ahead and do it anyway. That's scary.

I've not made serious money playing, but I'm getting to the point where I can see it as a potential livelihood. Reading your post gives me pause for thought. I'm not sure I'd want a job that invovles taking people's rent money.

Good luck

Freerollin`
01-03-2006, 12:31 PM
OK buddy, reality check.

I was just looking at the high stakes forum where you posted a hypothetical hand, in which you said that you wouldn't ever play poker for money.

Don't think I'm trying to be nasty. I'm truly trying to help.

You've got one of two problems. You're either A) a compulsive liar looking for attention or B) a degenerate gambler headed for certain trouble (as if you don't have enough already).

If it's "a," you need to stop and grow up.

If it's "b," you need to get some serious help. You're going to place yourself in a position that no one wants to be. If you're lying about gambling, saying you don't do it, then you're showing the clearest sign of a compulsive gambler that exists. Before you hurt yourself and people you care about, you need to get some professional help.

buddha01
01-03-2006, 01:03 PM
send me the link were I have ever said I wont play for money and Ill send you $10 via paypal right now.

Your wrong ive never said that but I think you have only said that because you made a mistake reading my post.

just off the top of my head what I said on the post was "when im not giving away my money playing poker in real life" Im often thinking of hands...

nice to know its not just me who has brain farts :-)

enjoy your tables and good luck.?

buddha01
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok I can see how you read my post to have the meaning that I dont ever play poker for real money, I did not mean that as you can read english the true meaning of my post is clear, maybe I could have worded the sentance to read, whilst I am not playing poker and giving away my money, I often spend time thinking of poker hand situations.

sorry for that one, get over it thou..you know what I ment. :-)

Freerollin`
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Fine. I misread it. You still have a gambling problem.

buddha01
01-03-2006, 01:11 PM
the bit that is confusing me if I should stop is that I can real good and make money, I just need to get my head straight and I could easy make 100k in a year.

esad
01-03-2006, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You still have a gambling problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd concur with this. You're playing 3/6 with by my estimates 750 to your name? I mean your bankroll (120) is 20BB at these limits.

You have a gambling problem, because with that small a bankroll you are really just gambling that you'll "hit it big."

gabbahh
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
U a funny man buddha. I advise you to try and get a big loan at the bank, and start playing high stakes NL as soon as possible. Seriously.

buddha01
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
ive all ready had the loan not for poker thou. im about 14k stirling down.. hence the need for the 250 loan money every month.

Hows your game going>?

Bigmoney
01-03-2006, 02:18 PM
give up or read a book first.