PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 JJ.

Entity
01-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Reads aren't great on this one. EP raiser is decent and likes to pump big hands/big draws. MP coldcaller is short stacked and is slightly but not overly loose. SB seems to be a bit on the bad side, and is fond of betting for information.

UTG folds. EP raises. Next folds. MP coldcalls. I 3-bet. Fold, fold, SB calls 2.4 cold, EP calls MP calls.

4-ways for 13SB. The flop is T/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bets. EP calls. MP calls. I call.

4-ways to the turn for 17SB. The turn is the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB bets. EP calls. MP calls. I raise. SB calls. EP calls. MP calls (all-in).

4 ways to the river including an all-in. The pot is 16.5BB. The river is the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Check-check-check. I check.

Rob

nfscreech
01-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey Entity,

I like it.

One thing I struggle with is the application of the free sd turn raise. It is easy to take a free sd here because the king came off on the river, but what do you do if a blank comes off?

Thanks.

Entity
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Entity,

I like it.

One thing I struggle with is the application of the free sd turn raise. It is easy to take a free sd here because the king came off on the river, but what do you do if a blank comes off?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a non-A/K hits on the river, I'm betting and folding to a checkraise.

Rob

gopnik
01-03-2006, 11:31 AM
would you have raised the flop if you were acting right after SB?

Hobbs.
01-03-2006, 11:50 AM
standard.

I think this hand would have been more interesting if you didn't post the river action.

MoFoKid
01-03-2006, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
standard.

I think this hand would have been more interesting if you didn't post the river action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I wonder if people would still advocate checking it through if possible. This is a pretty cool example of when a bet/fold could be viewed as inappropriate vs. getting to showdown. As you said, any other card than an A or K it could (maybe should) be a b/f but this is worth checking behind. nh