View Full Version : aa flop decision

george w
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
it was short handed and i was raising a lot and mostly taking down flops uncontested in the last couple orbits, especially against villain. so i have no problem getting it in. the question is to raise flop or wait for turn. there's a small chance he has air but probably just top pair or less. maybe tens. i don't know if he'll stack off with a pair nor do i know if he'll fire again with air.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $110.30
Button: $151.10
SB: $105.80
BB: $100

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $15</font>

pr0crast
01-11-2007, 03:30 PM
think for awhile, call, and then CRAI on the turn. if you push right now, it is less likely that weaker hands will call you, and this is as dry a flop as they come. if he checks behind turn, then just fire a vb on the river.

homeslice
01-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Could be up against a set as well, call and reevaluate on the turn.

pr0crast
01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
We want to extract the most from him when he doesn't have a set. The fact that he "could" have a set shouldn't affect our line here, IMO. We aren't deep enough for that.