PDA

View Full Version : NL10 KJ played awfully...

OrBit
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Aside from not limping here with KJo in the first place, and not calling the raise, what could I have done on the flop? I was clueless... PFRaiser was brand new at table, UTG was also new but had limped into about every hand in the 1 round i played with him (vpip ended up being 66%, but i didnt know that then)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($42.90)
CO ($2.50)
Button ($15.30)
SB ($2.45)
BB ($9.85)
UTG ($9.25)
Hero ($9.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.30</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.05) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.80</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.85

Assuming I hadnt already made these PF mistakes (assume i was button - 1, limped, called buttons raise (also a mistake I'm assuming?) how could I have played the flop differently? should I have just called and hoped to peel one?

Or will I never get myself in this situation anyway if I play correctly pre flop?

Low_Card2
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
yes. Raise or fold preflop. Flop is fine

Smilin'
01-10-2007, 05:55 PM
UTG is betting small into the preflop raiser. That suggests to me that UTG either has a monster or (more likely, I think) a hand that wants to get to the next round cheap. He might well be drawing, in which case you'd like to increase the price by raising. But if you do raise, I'd make it bigger, maybe $1.20. The small raise reopens the betting without getting enough money into the pot, IMO.

But given that you have a marginal hand and the preflop raiser is yet to act, I'd be inclined to just call and see what CO does. You might get drawn out on, but that's not tragic while the pot is small. If CO just calls and UTG leads small again on a brick turn, then I'd be more inclined to raise.