PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate bet?

mlane
01-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey everyone was just wondering what the general thoughts on this sites 25nl to 50nl game were, i.e. i guess rock garden, or the same as most small to micro stakes games.

orthopak
01-10-2007, 02:55 PM
From my experience, you either get calling stations or bluffers in the Micro Stakes. You'll see the regulars who are mostly TAGish.

wallywojo
01-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I switched to UB after seeing too many 2+2 types at almost all the 6max Full Tilt games. I find that with little effort you can find a nice table. In general, much less of the 19/16 or 28/22 type players there. I am not shocked to see more than one 40+ VPIP at a table where I was just not finding those on Full Tilt.

avfletch
01-10-2007, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I switched to UB after seeing too many 2+2 types at almost all the 6max Full Tilt games. I find that with little effort you can find a nice table. In general, much less of the 19/16 or 28/22 type players there. I am not shocked to see more than one 40+ VPIP at a table where I was just not finding those on Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only just moved to FTP (<5k hands) but I have to agree. I moved there for rakeback and the sign up bonus but the masses of multi-tabling TAGs are quite irritating. They mostly suck but it requires more effort to beat them than value betting the 70/2/0.1 Stars fish to death.

BukNaked36
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm on Stars now. Thinking about going to UB or WPEX. Been running well on Stars so I haven't made the change, but obviously I'm losing good $'s on rakeback.

Can anybody compare Stars to UB? Table selection? Level of fishiness?

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 07:06 PM
As I have progressed in the limits I am also becoming more aware of rakeback and am considering changing from party to play at another site with a rakeback account. My current level is NL 25/50. I have played some stars and enjoyed it, but I am not uber fond of the software. Tilt has nice software, but the players are seemingly tougher there.

michaelantoi
01-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Moving from Stars to UB will be a big shock in terms of table selection.

Nowhere near the same amount of tables.

If I get frustrated, I like to move tables.

That is hardly possible with the lack of tables available at UB.

That is why I moved to FTP.

Even though RB is wayyyy better at UB, the table selection is what I like at FTP.

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Isn't it just a 3 % difference. How is that wayyy better for a micro stakes player?

jonyy6788
01-10-2007, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it just a 3 % difference. How is that wayyy better for a micro stakes player?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play enough to make pts-->cash worthwhile UB bonus+RB+cash was ~90% RB

FT Bonus+RB ~50%

michaelantoi
01-10-2007, 07:51 PM
FTP deduct everything under the sun from your MGR.

That plus the 3% difference makes it wayyy better.

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Does anybody here get rakeback at party poker? I heard that it is possible.

jk1986
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I moved from stars to UB after taking a downswing at stars, and am now on a 30bb/100 upswing so if you want the results orientated view goto UB.

Seriously though, with the bonus, rb and points, and slightly looser tables, i prefer UB, although its annoying how it doesnt work with pokeroffice and the softwares not as good as stars.
Still use stars for tournaments FWIW

jk1986
01-10-2007, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody here get rakeback at party poker? I heard that it is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used to be able to get freeroll entries for party as a form of rakeback, but that was back when I was playing at party before the ban and the nit influx /images/graemlins/mad.gif

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I think the nit influx has gone back, party just needed some time to recover. There are now more european fish on party. You can use your party points to play things like player clubs freerolls. Which I suppose is a sort of rakeback, but a very small one compaired to UB.
I see people tend to play at UB, cause they say the software is so fast, I don't really feel too big of a difference coming from party. I really like the FTP software, due to the nice graphics (I think a lot of people turn it off though, as they find it distracting).
My upsides for party are table selection and software, the downsides are hardly any rakeback and no americans (which has gotten better now).

ps.: Arsenal 4tw ^^

jk1986
01-10-2007, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the nit influx has gone back, party just needed some time to recover. There are now more european fish on party. You can use your party points to play things like player clubs freerolls. Which I suppose is a sort of rakeback, but a very small one compaired to UB.
I see people tend to play at UB, cause they say the software is so fast, I don't really feel too big of a difference coming from party. I really like the FTP software, due to the nice graphics (I think a lot of people turn it off though, as they find it distracting).
My upsides for party are table selection and software, the downsides are hardly any rakeback and no americans (which has gotten better now).

ps.: Arsenal 4tw ^^

[/ QUOTE ]

I might give it another try then, used to be brilliant games there.

UB is definately faster, annoyingly so when your trying to talk to someone or like now, post on a site whilst multitabling.

The carling cup game was awesome /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: I make the fact that its faster sound like its a bad thing, its actually brilliant for increasing your hourly win rate!

SCBielski
01-10-2007, 10:57 PM
PA HUD can be a bitch on UB. Other than that I really like the software. The $25NL games are really easy, holla.

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Table selection also isn't too bad on UB at NL 25 and NL 50 from what I've seen. Plus they have some HU tables there from NL 50 which I may utilise. First off I have to see how rakeback works out on party though before I consider a move.

Carling game was nice. I had this free bet offer from party bet (party pokers sports bettings site) and saw that the odds were 4-1 against arsenal. I insta used my free bet only to see that it was Carling Cup and not Premiership. Baptista seems to have dominated though, so I made some easy money :P.

SCBielski
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Table selection also isn't too bad on UB at NL 25 and NL 50 from what I've seen. Plus they have some HU tables there from NL 50 which I may utilise. First off I have to see how rakeback works out on party though before I consider a move.

Carling game was nice. I had this free bet offer from party bet (party pokers sports bettings site) and saw that the odds were 4-1 against arsenal. I insta used my free bet only to see that it was Carling Cup and not Premiership. Baptista seems to have dominated though, so I made some easy money :P.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, stupid partypoker. 4:1 against arsenal, what a joke. I still can't believe they ditched the US and through all that american monies out the window.

Spleen
01-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Fast software is about he only thing I like about UB. Edit: I havent played anything higher than NL50 there so take fwiw

jk1986
01-11-2007, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't have bet on us at 4-1 against, since we were fielding such a weak team compared to theirs. Wenger loves to try out the potentials in the Carling cup. Although we did beat them decisively in the FA last week with a full squad.
I think thats what made this game even more special, showing how much potential there is in a squad, especially since we got some awesome youngsters on loan elsewhere who were the stars of their respective games in the last round of FA cup: Larrson and Lupoli.

Random OT hijack over.....