PDA

View Full Version : NL 25, OOP set on monotone board against likely overpair

Peoples Elbow
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Villain was trying to be tricky here and there, and is probably pretty sick of me pushing him around, my image is probably a little bit crazy.

Thoughts on how I played this hand? I put villain on an overpair with a spade after he raises my flop donkbet. I thought I'd get a little tricky and smooth call, then open shove any non-spade turn, should I have just come back over him on the flop?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $30.85
UTG+1: $10.95
CO: $25.15
Button: $51.20
SB: $15.35
Hero: $37.55

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $32.55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $25.85</font>.
Uncalled bets: $6.7 returned to Hero.

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($61.8, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $61.8)

Results:
Final pot: $61.8
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 3d 3c</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG showed Qc Qs</font>

rael
01-10-2007, 02:19 PM
If you think villian thinks you're a bully, then do whatever it takes to get your stacks in the middle ASAP. If he's really sick of you, you might even get him in there with 99+ and no spade.

Could someone discuss when is the appropriate time to use the "stop and go" move? Is this an example of that?

Dennisa
01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
With the all in overbet on the turn, I dont see what calls that you beat. 66/88 will call plus any flopped flush.

I think you want to just pot or 3/4 pot the turn here. You want the flush draws to call for incorrect odds. A naked ace of spades only has 7 outs, villian thinks he could have as many as 15 outs.

Especially if you feel it is likely villian has overpair and flush draw, he is only drawing to 9 outs while villian thinks he has 11. Plus on paired boards, you then have the option to push all in and get a call from the overpair, or check and let the overpair bluff on the river card. Just a thought.

Play some poker on this hand to maximize your value.