PDA

View Full Version : $50NL TT

Spleen
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Effective stacks ~50 no reads on villian other than nothing crazy.

Hero is MP with TT raise to $1.75, all fold to SB who reraises to $6, Hero calls.
Board comes K, J, 6 Rainbow.
Hero ? checks, villain checks.
Turn is rag, Hero checks, villian bets pot, Hero folds. Standard?

cobb0716
01-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Looks pretty standard to me. Without a read I would put his preflop reraise range at TT-AA, AK. His flop check could be something like a QQ scared of the K on the flop or possibly KK or JJ trying to slowplay their made monster. Villain's turn PSB = instafold for me.

rc

Voy Por Ustedes
01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
a bit too passive for my liking. do you expect the villain to check-behind again if still unimproved?

is your only reason for calling his reraise pf for set value?

Spleen
01-10-2007, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a bit too passive for my liking. do you expect the villain to check-behind again if still unimproved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once my hand was 3 bet it turned into a set value hand. Is that bad? It is a part of my game I am working on. It did feel really weak when I threw up the white flag on the flop.

cobb0716
01-11-2007, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With no reads on this villain how would you have played out the hand? I don't really have any problem with this line if I have no information on villain, but I'm interested to see what line you would take. I could see playing back at a weaker turn bet, but against an unknown I consider a PSB a sign of strength until proven different.

rc

bozzer
01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't understand why you seem to be acting first in the hand after the flop?

Preflop... is it really nitty to think about folding here? We don't really have the value for trying to hit a set, and we could be way behind. I don't play these stakes tho, so take it with a pinch of salt.

On the flop if the villain checks to you I would take a stab.
On the other hand if you had to act first then I would check-fold.

Offering advice on the turn betting is too complicated given positional abiguity.

Da GOAT
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
fold pf, you really have BE implied odds here. opp has roughly 10x PFR (opp bet minus our bet). this is borderline.

id bet out on turn for the steal.