PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - Screwed with JJ

bluffmenot
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
No idea what UTG+1 might had except a queen, hard to believe that kinda move with just a ten. I hate playing out of position. Did I play this ok or not? Any thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $54.55
UTG+1: $68.75
CO: $88.80
Button: $57.35
SB: $43.90
Hero: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($18.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($18.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $13</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $13 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: $18.5

Corrupt Rose
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Why did you check the turn?

I think he may bet the river here with a ten so im inclined to call but hmm. I'd bet the turn.

Panthro
01-10-2007, 11:09 AM
b/f the turn. You still get value from Tx/FD's.

barryc83
01-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I make it $3.50 pf. I like to bet $12 on the turn bc you're likely good here and want to charge draws. I'll make a crying call a bunch on the river but reads would be great here.

crookdimwit
01-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Bet the turn. Keep it small. Maybe 1/2 the pot or so. $10?

A typical opponent could be messing around here with J10, K10, A10, two hearts, AQ, QT, AJ... I think your turn check gives him the guts to think his top pair is still good. Maybe the Q hit him, maybe not, but you're right that playing OOP, once you concede the turn and check the river, he's smelling weakness and likely to bet with a weaker hand or with a busted draw...

bluffmenot
01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Agreed. I was also wondering if that turn check was too weak play. But two preflop callers calling me again made me nervous. Hopefully I learned my lesson. Thanks for the help! I've found 2+2 and its users very helpful!

ispiked
01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Do you really think he's value betting the Q on the river? It looks like he may be trying to bluff a missed flush draw (especially with the check on the turn) or maybe value betting his pair of 10s with top kicker.

I agree with previous poster. You need to bet bigger pre-flop and on the flop to get these guys off draws, and you should definitely bet the turn. But being OOP sucks.

holyfield5
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
easy easy call on the river imo.....but i disagree with most here about betting the turn because of the overcall on the flop.

Id probably then block the river but im happy if i check and get bet into, especially that size.

martybonus
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
i'm new here too, but for what little it's worth, I think I would have bet on fourth street, but folded on the river as you did. you had an over pair with no real threats on the board (unless he had 8-9, but would he have called your pre-flop bet with suited connectors?).

Bonesy
01-10-2007, 12:09 PM
These sorts of hands really give me trouble. The pot is growing fast. If we bet 1/2 pot or so on the turn and take it down, that's great. But I think a significant amount of the time, you will get at least one call. Then what? There are a ton of river cards we don't want to see. The Q /images/graemlins/club.gif is actually a good card for us in my opinion. Not betting the turn doesn't make sense either. I'm confused.

Skipjack
01-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I would make it 3.50 preflop and pot sized bet on the flop. Checking the turn was ok to keep the pot size down. The bet on the river looks to me like he thinks youre weak and is tryin to steal the pot, I would call

seskin
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would make it 3.50 preflop and pot sized bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i bet turn in preference to checking it.

Phytopath
01-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I would generally raise more PF (3-4$ range), because you are OOP and really don't mind taking it down here. Against really fishy players I make the smallish raise like you did (2-3$ range).

With 2-callers I would generally bet more on a flop like this, usually right around a PSB. Again if you get 2 callers, bet 1/2 the pot on the turn and check/call alot of rivers.

Jacks are always going to be hard to play.

Genz
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
as it has already been said numerous times: raise more preflop. 4xBB+1 per limper. You really want to get it heads up while having a nice potsize. The value of your PP plummets when you get multiway action.

I bet closer to potsize on the flop. Like $5 or $5.5.
The turn is tricky against 2 opponents. You raised preflop and you bet the flop and still they are in the hand. So they probably have at least something. What this something is, depends largely on your opponents. You didn't provide any reads so on average, I don't assume mere overcards but probably a draw and a made hand like TP. I don't mind the turn check as you can see what both opponents do and you keep the pot small. You are oop, so you have to risk to allow them drawing out when you don't want to be semi-bluff-raised out of a pot etc.

None of them bet the turn so your hand was probably best. I call this bet on the river. You are last to act and the bettor really played the hand like a draw.

wingchunflush
01-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I think the $3.50 is a little to much here for a pf raise. 4xbb+1bb per limper puts us at $2.50. When I am OOP ill add another bet so make it $3.

I bet the turn as well.

robracing
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Flopping 3 undercards to your J's was a great flop, and the turn card was also excellent, only a set or 89 has you beat at this stage.

I would have bet the pot on the flop, and just under the pot on the turn.

With two potential flush draws out there at the turn stage, you want to make those flush-drawers overpay for the privilege.

Most times, your close to pot-sized bet takes this down on the turn for a handy score.

Your check on the turn was asking for an overcard to appear, and was then begging for one of the villains to represent that they had made top-pair to beat you.