PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Too agressive with AQ?

BJK*09
01-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $1</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.35, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.5</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($8.35, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, CO calls.

River: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($18.35, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="red">CO calls all-in $9.15</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.85 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $36.65

At the river, it feels like I only beat a worse A ( not likely ). Should have check, folded/called small bet?

jdefoe
01-10-2007, 08:52 AM
I bet $3 on flop to charge draws, $6 on turn, and i check river cause the flush and straight draws just made it. when he bets, i'll compare the odds i'm getting and base my decision upon that. If he pushes, it's a fold though

Genz
01-10-2007, 09:32 AM
The flush came in and there are 4 to a straight on the board. I don't think villain will call your river bet without a hand that beats you. If he calls with AJ, AT or A9, he is a real calling station.

Esmerelda
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I think this is a tough situation that I leak from oop.

I figure I am going to have to check somewhere if I don't improve (probably). As played I make it the river but against a real donk I bet again for value just like you. EDIT: Need to wake up. I check this really scary card except as a fake value bet bluff. I will look at pot odds hard and probably call if I getting 3:1 but it is very villain dependent.

Usually I bet the flop and check turn to look like a c-bettor giving up.

Checking this flop is rare for me but it sure will get you more action from weak holdings. I then c/c twice for reasonable bets or bet river if the turn is checked.

holyfield5
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
bet flop
c/c turn
bet river