PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: 3bet AI call w/FD

gir
01-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Is this spew? Marginal? Standard? I almost feel like a flat call could have been the best play. But the call...I'm really not sure...Do I make it the next time this happens too?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($48.37)
Button ($24.30)
SB ($21.30)
BB ($18.33)
Hero ($82.23)
MP ($15.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, BB calls $18.08 (All-In), Hero calls $13.83.

Turn: ($38.51) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($38.51) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $38.51

EricW
01-10-2007, 06:24 AM
ew you can't call 'cause you're not getting the odds to hit your flush.

jdefoe
01-10-2007, 08:56 AM
You're notgetting the right price, this is a fold

Genz
01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I fold this preflop utg. I fold this on the flop.

Abramovic
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop utg. I fold this on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrupt Rose
01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I like the flop raise alot. Alot of players like to try the preflopraiser out with weak bets, so I like the raise. But we have to fold to his push.

Bonesy
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Yes, this is spew. I'm not a fan of the UTG raise with this hand but since we are here now...The question for me is the flop raise. I'm probably being biased by the subsequent action, but it doesn't appear to be correct for a few reasons. First, I think the raise is too small. Second, you are getting a good price for your flush draw, so I would take it. Third, without a read, do you have any idea what his donk bet means? Can you make him fold the best hand and will he pay you off you hit?

Sweir
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Fold PF. I dont really mind the raise on the flop if you think you have decent FE, but with those odds you cant draw to your flush.

Jouster777
01-10-2007, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of the UTG raise with this hand

[/ QUOTE ]Agree

[ QUOTE ]
The question for me is the flop raise. I'm probably being biased by the subsequent action, but it doesn't appear to be correct for a few reasons. First, I think the raise is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]I guess I usually take the donkbet as a very strong or as a weakly made/drawy hand. This bet should have about the same FE as a bigger bet against a range of extremes. No?

[ QUOTE ]
Second, you are getting a good price for your flush draw, so I would take it.Third, without a read, do you have any idea what his donk bet means? Can you make him fold the best hand and will he pay you off you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]Nothing wrong with calling donkbet here but I like the flop bet to get a free turn from villain and to disguise our draw. Plus, there's some FE with the donkbet.

[ QUOTE ]
ew you can't call 'cause you're not getting the odds to hit your flush.

[/ QUOTE ] Converter screwed up the bet amounts a little but it looks like hero must pay ~$14 to win ~$24 so as you say, we don't have odds to call for the FD alone. However, if you say hitting the A will be good half the time then we are solidly EV+ with a call. I'd say the call is marginal...not clearly wrong.

orange
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
pf fine, i prob fold to his shove though.

mosuavea
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pf fine, i prob fold to his shove though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am not that nitty afterall /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or maybe you are /images/graemlins/blush.gif

dashman
01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
UTG raise with this is spew IMO, unless table has been extremely passive/you are changing gears. I still think its spew more than anything.
The flop raise is fine if you think you can win the hand right now or possibly set up some free cards. You might be getting the odds to call this AI once it happens. The converter must have screwed up the money, cause it doesn't make sense, but the best I came up with, you have ~2:1 to call, and you may even have an A as an out as well. This is a questionable call IMO. If villain had like $5 it would be profitable in the long run, but his stack size makes this just under profitable. I dump this to a shove.