PDA

View Full Version : The nut flush draw facing heat, -- line check?

onoble
01-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Villian is a weirdo. He often min bets and folds when raised. SOmetimes he'll min bet call a flop raise but fold to a turn raise. This hand is the only time he has re-raised big.

How's the line?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3.75</font>, HERO calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $25.5</font>, HERO folds.
Uncalled bets: $13.5 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $33.85

EricW
01-10-2007, 01:33 AM
why are you leading the turn???

Heine
01-10-2007, 01:35 AM
he didn't reraise big, he basically min raise you. You killed your odds. Against a constant min better, i often check call because they try to extract money but don't understand pot odds. This turn is a clear check, and see how much he bets.

These types, the "two-fer min raise" is basically the nuts. Go ahead and muck because you killed your odds (expressed and implied).

onoble
01-10-2007, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You killed your odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

How?

I lead turn b/c of his history with me... bad move?

HotdogPoker
01-10-2007, 01:58 AM
I'd check the turn. If you think he is going to min bet, then let him do it and give you the odds to draw to your flush. Even though you have some history with him, a raise on the flop at least indicates *some* strength, which means you are behind. If he's got a hand for real this time, he'll raise your turn bet and blow you off your draw, and you give up your chance to outdraw him for cheap.

orange
01-10-2007, 02:54 AM
i would 3-bet shove flop sometimes, calling is okay i guess. i either 1/2 pot on the turn to give myself decent odds or c/f.

KEW
01-10-2007, 03:14 AM
I fold A6s from UTG+1..Do not like the turn play..C/C or C/F..Your turn bet priced you into to calling the raise..There is $47 in the pot and $13 to you with the nut FD + 1 over..

Marshall28
01-10-2007, 03:22 AM
overbet on the turn is BAAAAAAD. as previously stated.. check turn, hope he bets small enough to give u odds to redraw on the river.

this is the problem i have w/ semi-bluffing out of position. i hate it when i miss then im first to act on the turn... it such a crappy spot, thats why i prefer a check raise a lot of the time for these reasons:

1. check raise signifies serious strength ... u will fold out many hands that you beat, and force even more to check behind u on the turn if they did in fact call the flop. giving you a look at the turn and river.

2. if he happens to check behind, you know he isnt strong and get a free look at a turn card. if it is scary at all u can bet it and hope he goes away. (you are paying the same amount in this case to see both the turn and river cards as you would have paid to see just the turn --- which improves your odds of winning the hand -- duh)

even after all that ... folding preflop is probably best. hands like this are only good against decent players whom you have a little bit of fold equity against.

awarunn
01-10-2007, 03:32 AM
**edit
1. You have a draw to the nuts
2. Villain is showing strength and he is a notorious minbettor.
These two facts, working together give you a great reason to check call this turn. The bigger your implied odds the less reason to semi-bluff...the smaller your implied odds the more reason to semibluff.

**I think the continuation bet is a no brainer on this flop, in response to the poster who suggested check raising. So that looks fine to me. Check call turn!

Esmerelda
01-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Stacks?

Flop no problem.

I check this turn and call if he bets 2/3 pot. If you are gonna make a play I think it would have been better on the flop. Both cheaper and more effective. You basically have straight odds to call his flop raise so unless there is nothing behind I can't see folding to that.

onoble
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

$35 effective