PDA

View Full Version : 10NL 6m - 77, paired board and cbet gets called. Now what?

Bowlboy
01-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Villain is 47/4.5/1.51 over 133 hands. Hands like this against loose passives really confuse me.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($2.10)
Hero ($9.90)
BB ($4.85)
UTG ($6)
MP ($5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, BB calls $0.40, UTG folds.

Flop: ($1.10) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, BB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.70) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, Hero???

This bet is really weak. Hard to read people who play this way. Their bet looks like it could be air as a lot of them do bluff with small bets like this or it could be made to trap me. Just one of those situations where I think my hand might be good, but what to do about it? Raising will often fold out a worse hand and get me in trouble for the river if he calls again. Calling is kinda spew because if he bets the river I'm folding?

01-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I call, he's giving you good enough odds. Call another small bet on the river, or fold to a big one. He could have a smaller pocket pair. If you hit a 7 on the river and he does have A or 9, there's a good chance you're taking his stack.

Esmerelda
01-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Well vilains love aces so idk.

I would probably call and c/c another small river bet.

Gonna be tough to call down anything substantial so I could almost find a fold here but this guy is not that passive, I can definitely see him floating your c=bet and making a move on your check (otoh this is also how he plays his A9).

The line sounds so donkish when I read it but a raise seems foolish ( basically either he has the ace or better and calls or he has air and folds) and he is giving you such good odds to call.