PDA

View Full Version : JJ way oop facing a raise and a re-raise

Unknown Soldier
01-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $33.25
UTG+1: $117.48
CO: $89.95
Button: $85.40
hero: $111.30
BB: $57.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4.5</font>, hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18.5, 4 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $12</font>, CO folds, Button calls, hero folds.

reads: utg+1 is a pretty solid TAG plays v. aggressively in position

button: quite passive, he deffinitely isnt doing this with AQs (seen him limp that), could be in there with AKo

thoughts: call and re-evaluate flop (probably fold w/o a set)

utg+1's bet: KK+ he would have re-raised pf so not worried about that. QQ/TT/99 are possible

buttons call: guy is quite pasive post flop I think he would call here with AK/QQ/KK/AA, although haven't seen him in a situation like this where he is the big pf aggressor

me: getting good odds, but likely dominated, I dont think it;s an instant fold given buttons passive play idk, given reads it probably is.

Thoughts? Maybe lead out and see where I'm at?

Waingro
01-10-2007, 12:05 AM
I think this is a fairly easy fold. With two people that seem to like their hand on the flop in a rr pot, I donīt give much for your chances. Also you are all deep and you are out of position. I donīt know if it is likely that the hand will be just checked down if we call the flop. This deep and with this action you can play JJ for set value here.

barryc83
01-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Fold. It doesn't matter how passive button is, he called and the chances that you're good here are so slim. The only thing that UTG+1 bets that you beat is TT anyways. Nh you played for set value and didn't hit, drop it.