PDA

View Full Version : Why are SuperNova Elite packages not redeemable and non-transferable?

bumpking
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
This doesn't seem to make sense for the PCA, WSOP, and Monte Carlo packages. I want to personally get to SNE, but I'm more of a grinder and don't play tournament poker. I would MUCH rather have the $30k or whatever instead of having to go somewhere and play a game that I don't know.

Also, if you figure 10 days of traveling for those tournaments, it means you're not playing at Stars for 20 days next year. If you're SNE, that means you average at least $550/day in rake. That'll cost Stars about $11k in your missed play.

Anyone have any ideas of how to lobby Stars so that we can have the option for a cash equivalent?

Thanks,
-BK

grouchie
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
if stars wanted to give the cash equivalant, they would just offer another big bonus instead of the tourney packages.

I don't think anything you try will be successful.

DMoogle
01-10-2007, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you figure 10 days of traveling for those tournaments, it means you're not playing at Stars for 20 days next year. If you're SNE, that means you average at least $550/day in rake. That'll cost Stars about $11k in your missed play.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's online poker. If you've grinded enough to achieve Supernova Elite but don't have a laptop, well, then, you're a little odd.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Recliner
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Stars is doing this as a form of marketing that is beneficial to their high volume players. It doesn't matter what games you play, if you can make it to Super Nova Elite, you can make it deep in a tournament as any SNE is going to be a winning poker player.

By entering all these people into tournaments Stars is greatly increasing their chances to have one of their players win. Moneymaker and Raymer were likely very good for Stars and I'm sure they want to relive the magic.

The tournament entries give you and Stars the best value. Besides, if you don't do well in the tournament there are going to be some very good side games of your preferred game(s).

MicroBob
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's online poker. If you've grinded enough to achieve Supernova Elite but don't have a laptop, well, then, you're a little odd.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Hard not to agree.
If you want to keep grinding while you are travelling it's not hard.
I do some travel during the year and take my laptop with me.

Also, it's your choice whether to go for SNE or not.
If the 30k in prize-package stuff doesn't excite you then you can stop at 750k VPP's (although then you also wouldn't get the 5x FPP's the following yr I guess).

Thoth
01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
It also helps to prevent people from teaming up on one account to reach Elite as the packages are a large part of the value and can not be split. (and a one takes the cash the other the packages is not that attractive for most I'd think).

RikaKazak
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It also helps to prevent people from teaming up on one account to reach Elite as the packages are a large part of the value and can not be split. (and a one takes the cash the other the packages is not that attractive for most I'd think).

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't they just split equity?

MicroBob
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah, if somebody wants to team-up on Stars and do this I don't think this is a huge dis-incentive.

They can split the equity somehow. Or perhaps one of them is more gung-ho about playing them and the other one doesn't really want to travel...or is fine with trying to satellite his way in on his own name/account.

How much account teaming-up specifically for Elite-driven purpose do we think is really taking place at Stars? I have my doubts it's that common.