View Full Version : nl 25 jj flopped oesd 2 flush board

IsaacAsimov
01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Hero ($27.15)
BU ($24.72)
BB ($43.47)
SB ($27.75)
MP ($28.10)

PartyPoker $25 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> Recorded and converted with HandRecorder (http://www.dmasn.com/handrecorder)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#FF0000">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $3.35</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $2.35.

Flop: ($7.05) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($11.05) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($15.05) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP bets $3</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, MP calls $7.

Final Pot: $35.05.
I feel a bit lost in this hand. As I am unsure as to the way I played it. MP could have flopped a flush draw and be trying to see a cheap turn card, he could also be trying to steal the pot cheaply or try to induce a raise on my behalf so that he can 3 bet me.
I have a draw myself that Is why my tendencey to call here is higher.
In a rereraised pot I think that people are less likely to steal for 2 dollars in a 7 dollar as opposed to 0.25 in a 2 dollar pot. That is why I don't like raising as a push may force me to fold and I think I can be getting more value out of my hand by calling.
Ideas?

IsaacAsimov
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Anyone? I really am unsure how to play this hand.

jonyy6788
01-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Not really sure about flop, turn is ok I guess....I push river praying he has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I like the river. The idea behind it is that with a raise to 10 I will get value from lower flushes queen high for example and invite a higher flush to come over the top. I think most people will be coming over the top here with the ace high flush. I don't think a 6 of diamonds would make sense for my holding so only the jack of diamond is a scare for them. Thats one card an Ace high flsuh looses too.

kekedarius
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Reraise flop $8. Check turn and call river.

Antinome
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise flop $8. Check turn and call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

call river? Perhaps you didn't notice that OP has the stone cold immortal and unbeatable nuts?

Reraising the flop has some merit, but given that villian wants to give out direct odds to draw I don't see any problem with OP's line.

Inviting a repush seems like a reasonable plan, but I'm not sure it works out better than a push in the long run.

homeslice
01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really sure about flop, turn is ok I guess....I push river praying he has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

edited: I didn't read Anton's repsonse before posting...

Javanewt
01-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I was going to say that you should have raised the turn, but the more I look at it, the better I think it is. My saying raise the turn is probably results oriented. I think you played it just right and getting the extra money was smart. I might have gone all-in on the river hoping he thought he had me, but I might have lost the extra $7.

IsaacAsimov
01-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys for the responses. I still am unsure has to how to play the flop though. I think raising may be the better play, depending on villains tendencies to lead out small into big pots against the pfr. If he is indicating a strong hand, then calling is the better play.

I forgot to make a player note on villain. In retrospect I would give him a don't bluff, valuebt, leads weak into pfr with no hand tag as he thought for a bit and called me with 44 with the 4 high flush.