PDA

View Full Version : $25NL 6max - Are the hands like this the reason I'm still break even?

K䲰䮥n
01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Slowly making the switch from STTs to ring. Villain is unknown. Are hands like this the reason I'm winning small pots but losing the big ones?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $62.09
UTG+1: $26.35
Hero: $24.75
Button: $10.12
SB: $60.89
BB: $45.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.85, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($7.85, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $16</font>

pineapple888
01-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Dude, these are just crappy spots. I can't tell you to always fold here, but Villain's generally reraising preflop with premium pairs or open raising it to start with, so now you have him on medium/low pairs or some BS junky suckout hand, and you're not doing very well against that range on that board, and is he really going to repop you with 99 on the turn?

Remember, AA unimproved is just one pair. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif If you can get it in preflop, wonderful, but most people play it way too fast postflop (including me, unfortunately, but at least I know it's a leak /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Oranzith
01-09-2007, 05:55 PM
yes. look up Baluga theorem in the sticky FAQ. As he eloquently states, your opponent c/r the turn with a draw "just about never"

Seriously - what do you think he is doing here? Raising you with air? A wopping TPTK of A8? You're beat by basically everything, you only have one pair. I know its hard, but I HOPE i find a fold because I think its the right play.