PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand against a NIT

Echelon
01-09-2007, 01:32 PM
villain is 21/6 over 5k hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

MP ($52.40)
CO ($44.70)
Button ($56.95)
SB ($105.85)
BB ($34.40)
Hero ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($14.75) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11.

Turn: ($36.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $26.7 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $63.45

Quester
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
The turn card is probably benign if you thought you were ahead on the flop. Personally if you're calling the flop, I think you should call the turn.

Echelon
01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
i beat jj/ak on the flop, so i called. i was lost on the turn...

Quester
01-09-2007, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i beat jj/ak on the flop, so i called. i was lost on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my point is you still beat JJ/AK on the turn. The Ten doesn't change much.

AceLuby
01-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree w/ Quester, if you're folding the turn, just fold the flop because calling $11 for a two outer is spewing chips.

Also, why didn't you take the lead at some point. On the flop and turn I would probably lead out. You never know where you are in the hand which is why you have to fold the turn. Why did you just call PF and the flop? What was your plan throughout the hand?

dashman
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I feel as though we are beat here. If you would have either reraised PF or lead the flop, we would have a better idea. The turn doesn't change anything, therefore if you think you are ahead on the flop then either shove flop or turn but I think the correct flipside of this is to fold the flop if you are going to fold to a turn blank(2 outs=spew). I think his range is pretty narrow, AA,KK, AK ~JJ. This just seems like AA,KK too many times as opposed to the other hands though.

-Sidenote datamine much??? Because if you have 5k hands on someone shouldn't you have notes/a really good feel of hand definitions by now???

Imrahil
01-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Hero can call flop and hope to check the hand down. I don't think Hero should just decide on the flop that he has the best hand and try and get all of his chips in. I like the check call and the check fold on the turn.

kitchma
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I prefer leading the flop for the same $11 bet and folding to a push. If villain is a true nit, I doubt he is pushing AK and that only leaves one hand that we beat, JJ.

I thought about going for a c/r ai on the flop, but the more I think about it the less I like it. We are either WA/WB and this seems like an unnecessary risk. Others disagree?

01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
I would lead the flop too. The way it was played I also fold, especialy considering that he`s a nit.

McHonts
01-09-2007, 06:52 PM
grunch-

I would lead this flop for about $8 to $10. If you were will to call 11, might as well push the turn or re-raise push if you think you are ahead. You can expect to face another big bet on the turn if he thinks you are weak. Better to spend the same money on the flop and see if you get raised.

I am probably off base.

Racketeer
01-09-2007, 07:22 PM
This hand is definately trouble. I don't hate the flop call because it makes the turn an easy fold when he bets but the same thing could have been accomplished through a flop lead. You are probably going to see AA and KK a majority of the time here. I do not think he would raise with less than QQ or AK more than 15% of the time. I don't think he would bluff the turn with AK when he could check to see a free card instead. He probably knows your hand is pretty good given your preflop call, I think this looks like he is trying to protect AA or KK against flush draws.