PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max: 12 out draw good for an (effective) push here?

Smilin'
01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
UTG+1 is pretty new to the table, so an unknown. Is the flop reraise good with my 12 out draw, or is it better to take the juicy odds being laid by the minraise?

Note: I reraised planning to call a push. The only reason I didn't push is because I thought a smaller raise might look less "fishy" and have more fold equity. Comments on the size of the reraise welcome too.

Also, does should it make a large difference to my line if the board were 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif instead?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.85
UTG+1: $52.20
CO: $36.35
Hero: $47.85
SB: $44.15
BB: $42.35

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1.5</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.75, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>

sputum
01-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I usually call this. If he raises me properly I'll stick a reraise in but here you're in position getting 4-1 on a call and a good chance he'll fire into you even if you hit. Why take slightly the worse end of a flip when you have a cheap opportunity to get his money?

HoldEmNewby
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Unless he has AA,JJ,77 or AJ I think you have decent fold equity here. His flop mini check raise would be more scary if you were the preflop aggressor. So i do like the 3bet flop. If he calls and the turn bricks whats your plan of attack?

Smilin'
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
If he calls and the turn bricks, I check behind, folding river if I miss again. If he calls and then pushes a brick turn... weird and ulgh. It's close either way (I'd be getting a bit better than 3:1 on my money), so I wouldn't feel too bad about either calling or folding, but probably a thin fold.

Imrahil
01-09-2007, 12:12 PM
I think calling in these stakes is probably better. I always love pushing with a draw like this but it may be more +EV to just call. He's making a mistake by giving you the correct odds to call so take them.

jonyy6788
01-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Just take the min. raise here....villain is acting like he nailed that flop. Be careful if the board pairs...

Quester
01-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I think this is okay as long as you don't mind the variance.

Personally though, I play it "safe" and call, getting fantastic odds.

Unknown Soldier
01-09-2007, 01:03 PM
doesnt look like you have alot of FE here, so just call

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does should it make a large difference to my line if the board were 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

no difference, why should it?

Smilin'
01-09-2007, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does should it make a large difference to my line if the board were 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

no difference, why should it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm crushed against A /images/graemlins/heart.gifx /images/graemlins/heart.gif, so perhaps I should be more catious on the actual flop (without the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the board). But maybe this is MUTB thinking.

Unknown Soldier
01-09-2007, 02:07 PM
oh i see, well that doesnt happen often enough to worry about really.