PDA

View Full Version : c/r outta nowhere

natzucowww
01-09-2007, 08:55 AM
villain is definition of tag w/ tendency to three bet me light. postflop play is average.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (CO): $300.20
SB: $53.35
BB: $108.1
UTG: $37.50
MP: $50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.75, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [8/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($3.75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $9.50</font>, Hero calls $6.50

<font color="black">River:</font> 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif [J/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($22.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $22.75</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $22.75 returned to BB

prolly shoulda checked this turn through but id been checking a lot of hands on the flop so my bet didn't necessarily look like a bluff. also id been checking hands to the river and showing down small pairs i had raised w/ pf, if that matters. overall i'd been playing well and ppl were giving me some isht about it so maybe there's some stack envy. i really wanted to call this river but pussied out.

do you call this river after the turn c/r outta left field?

lacrymosa
01-09-2007, 08:58 AM
this is rarely a bluff

Genz
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
I bet the flop. If you checked behind a lot lately, a bet on that flop won't look like a cbet but like a value bet and people don't put you on small pps, because you checked behind again.

I fold to the raise on the turn. With your one card draw you don't have the implied odds most of the time, because your draw is more than obvious and you could already be drawing dead.

As played, river is an easy fold.

Spleen
01-09-2007, 09:03 AM
You have position. C-bet the flop. If turn is UI you can check behind, keeping pot small. You don't want a big pot here at all with no hand and a paired board. On the river the pot would be only maybe ~$10 making all decisions much easier. As played the river (and turn for that matter) is easy fold for me, you beat a bluff and T and not much else. Is this 6 buyin stack brag in disguise?

natzucowww
01-09-2007, 09:05 AM
yeah i was thinking of snappin one off here cause the turn c/r seemed so out of place, i guess since i had been playing w/ villain for like 300 hands the c/r seemed like a bluff but she was pretty solid so i think you're right.

ama0330
01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Bet the flop and fold the turn. Nice stack.

Smilin'
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I would usually bet the flop, but as played I like betting the turn--I think usually you take it down, and you usually have outs if you don't. But I fold to the c/r. You're paying $6.50 to win about $16, which would be OK usually with some implied odds. But I don't think you can think an A would be good, and your straight draw could be dead or splitting with another J.

As played on turn, I like the river fold.