PDA

View Full Version : KK takes som heat

uppner
01-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Played 19 hands with villain, so no reads, but I hadn't seen any big aggression until this.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($10.55)
MP ($47.56)
CO ($31.34)
Button ($31.80)
Hero ($25.50)
BB ($25.04)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $1.15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1.

Flop: ($2.75) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls $2.25.

Turn: ($11.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $14</font>, Hero folds.

Is this line fine if I make that turn bet bigger? Help is much appreciated.

nuts
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
why the stop &amp; go? doesn't acheive much as you don't get any info. I'd either 3bet the turn or call then check the turn. DEpends on the player really.

If you're behind, you're already behind on the flop, no reason to donk bet the turn.

tough spot though.

Genz
01-09-2007, 08:53 AM
the board is dry and he raised you twice. If he is passive or only moderately aggressive, at least the turn raise should tell you: I can beat a big PP.

I'm not sure about the turn bet at all. If he is more on the passive side (which I assume on average), I check and see what he does. If he bets something like the pot, I think I fold. I see me reraising his minraise on the flop often, though.

uppner
01-09-2007, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why the stop &amp; go? [...]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that if he put me on something like AK and were doing a cbet, he would fold the turn. I now understand that's not very good, because I'll always get a PSB in, but if I c/c turn, I'll get more value from bluffs and maybe get away more cheaply (EDIT: by folding or facing a check/small bet). Is this correct?

lacrymosa
01-09-2007, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're behind, you're already behind on the flop, no reason to donk bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is true. I c/c the turn

ama0330
01-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Dont bet the turn. There is a good argument for folding the flop too, but its a little weak seeing as you still have a lot behind and you're getting decent implied odds to catch a higher two pair or some such.

As played easy turn fold, but yeah there's no real value in a bet here, he basically has a set.

Genz
01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Your betting on the turn helps villain play his hand perfectly, because the board is so dry: he will fold overs, i.e. the hands you beat. He will stick around / play back with hands that have you badly beat, i.e. sets. When you check, he might stab at the pot with overs, check behind with a mediocre hand or value bet with a hand that has you beat. Of course it's a very tough spot when you check and he bets the pot on the turn, because you have to decide if he is bluffing and you should call (probably facing an ai on the river!) or fold. On average, I fold it here, but I'm ready to acknowledge that I am probably folding the best hand often. It's just the bad reverse implied odds that make me unwilling to call down a one pair hand oop against big bets on a dry flop against a villain who I haven't seen bluff a lot or make other stupid plays with pairs etc.

Spleen
01-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I check call the turn. there is no real draw he could be trying to get a free card so I def. expect a turn bet here.

Everlong
01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Vs. unknowns I usually re-raise flop here instead of leading turn (believe it or not the min-raise is not always a set - some people actually don't seem to realize there is a box/slider for bets and for others top pair is always the nuts). Then he will pretty much tell you if he has a set or not. Drawback of this is that you will bloat the pot to the extent where folding turn/river becomes really weird odds-wise.

I hate these spots and usually make a weakass turn c/f if he persists.

Am I making any sense? I hardly understand my own post after reading it twice...