PDA

View Full Version : Interesting p/f spot w/ KK

Super Villain
01-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I was playing at a local home game .10 .25 blinds NL.

Stacks vary at the table from $25-$50.

My image is agressive and I have been on a hot run of cards winning $20 in the first 45 mins.

Villain 1 is a good solid player w/ a lot of 1/2 NL winnings at the local riverboat. He is solid but at times appears weak tight. He doesn't really think outside of the box. He tonight has been more agressive than usual p/f but after that is laying down hands to raises and bets unless he connects.

Villain 2 I have played tons of hands w/ and is not as good. He is a decent tournament player but doesn't know how to adapt to cash games as it seems he is content playing "cutthroat tourney style" no limit.

Here is the hand.

Villain 1 is UTG and raises $1 to $1.25
Hero is UTG+1 and squeezes K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif

My usual 80%-90% play is to raise over the top. But given the nature of my opponent I decide to mix it up and flat call.

Hero calls $1.25
Villain 2 after some thought announces raise. Made it $4 more to go. It is now $5.25 to play.
All others fold.
UTG folds

At this point the pot contains $8.10. It will be $12.10 after I match the $4 bet. Villain 2 has about 35 behind and I barely have him covered. I am obviously raising but what price do we like?? $10?// $15?// all in??

It is a unique spot that I have never been caught in and just wanted some input.

Thanks all!!

Sotiria
01-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Given the description of villain #2, is his hand as face up as I think it is?

Super Villain
01-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't think so. I had a good feeling about his range and there were a couple hands in particular that I really give him in this spot. But I know what I was thinking// what are you thinking? and given what you think his range is, what is the best bet?

Hero???

Bort99
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
If you can convey that you think he's full of it, you might shove and get a call from AK, AQ, QQ or less. If he's used to playing tourneys then he probably won't lay it down.

If you raise to $15 you probably take the pot. Other opinions?

keikiwai
01-09-2007, 09:35 PM
ez all-in second time around