PDA

View Full Version : (25NL) New to the boards and have a couple questions

Beesnuts
01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey, Ive been lurking around the forums for the past few months and just decided to register. I read the SSNL FAQ and got a ton of questions anwsered, but had a couple questions regarding some specifics. In the "How to Use PT" thread, by Pokey, he says that if your PFR%/VP$IP < 0.5, then you aren't aggresive enough in whatever that position is. My %s came out between 0.15-0.2. My question is this: I understand why raising PF is a good thing to do, but when I raise with some of my more marginal holdings, I get called, flop misses me, he checks, I c-bet, get called, he checks turn,
I value bet, get called, he bets out at river, i fold...is usually how it plays out, I never know if one more bullet will get him to fold. I would love to raise more PF but I always feel like im beat if my c-bet gets called. When do you fire more, and when do you back off? I understand board texture and to look if his bets/raises coordinate with the flop or not, but I always find myself in a tough spot.

As I continued through Pokeys guide, I found I was doing some things correctly. I had good heads up play, good multiway play, and good PP play. My biggest leak comes from trying to push people off of hands too much, I always think that by over-aggressing his/her aggressivness, I can make them think their beat

Here are some of my PT numbers after 5K hands:

VP$IP: 18.11
Att. to steal blind: 4.04
BB/100: 3.22
PFR%: 2.33
Aggre. Factor: 2.14

If you think of anything that might help, let me know

Thank a lot

pr0crast
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Are you 6max or not? If you are...

Your Att. to steal blind should be between 20% and 40%. You are not raising nearly enough. Pokey said your pfr/vpip should be <.5, which would mean that you would need to be raising more than 9% of your hands to satisfy this. Instead you are only raising 2.33%. You need to be raising 13-15% ideally if you have an 18% vpip.

It is clear that you haven't throughly read through the FAQ and all the posts linked in it. I would recommend going back and putting in about 50 hours of studying them. Totally forget you even made this post because you aren't going to benefit from it. Just go back and read everything in the digests etc and things will make more sense to you.

Beesnuts
01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
will do, thanks man

alelitan
01-09-2007, 12:32 AM
You should post in micro until you move to 100NL.