PDA

View Full Version : Playing against loose passive in 6-max (50NL)

Avocado
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
About one month ago I just didn't know how to play against loose passive players. Then I read an article somewhere where the author said that we need to bluff less (or not bluff at all), value bet more, etc.

I thought I was doing OK, but now I think I'm still losing a lot of money to the loose passive players.

I play 6-max only and I'm VERY tight and very agressive when I have a hand. The problem is that most of the time I don't have I hand, and playing without a hand against loose passive is just impossible to me.

For example, see this hand below. I'm the button with ATo, everybody folds, except the button and the SB who limps in. I decide to raise to 2.5, which I guess is standard here. The button calls (WTF is he doing limping in the button and calling this???). Ok, flop comes 93Q, I have nothing, and I think that cbetting here is throw alway money, because he is loose passive and will call anyway with any crap and I don't know where I am.

I would love to have some advice on playing this kind of opponent. Thanks!

Villain is 70/12/2 over 50 hands.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50
CO: $70.35
Button: $50.75
SB: $144.85
Hero: $76.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2</font>, SB folds, Hero ?

Unknown Soldier
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
i would never rause ATo oop here against a loose passive, as played you pretty much have to fold.