PDA

View Full Version : kq makes top pair

HitNRunPoster
01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
can't remember anythign about villain.

I don't know how to do wa/wb lines, so I just bet out on the flop, same amount as I always bet out.

I missed T9 in villain's range on the flop, too.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $43.17
CO: $48.22
Button: $42.30
SB: $100.40
hero: $49.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2.5</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($5.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($13.5, 2 players)
hero checks, UTG checks.

River: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($13.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $16</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $45.5

AdamL
01-09-2007, 04:10 AM
How fast was the raise coming?

If you think T9s is in villain's range I guess you should also consider J9s.

What does your river bet mean in villain's eyes here? I assume it looks like a bluff, or you shouldn't have called the river raise. (Because, obv, he expects a call if it didn't look like a bluff.)

The question revolves around what he'll minraise the river with. I don't think he has T9s on the river because most players will simply want to see if their pair is good against your bluff or whether you have them beat. It's a big bet enough already, he can't want to see a bigger pot with T9s. The same goes for his Q's - if you are bluffing, this is all the money he gets - so he (if rational) calls.

Looks like complete bs or J9s. As such it is totally intuitional and circumstantial without a read. Right?

orange
01-09-2007, 04:17 AM
eh, i would fold the river. yeah, its a miniraise, but i doubt your good here. i dont mind your line, i might bet the turn/bet the river, though c/c turn/bet river line works well too.

PaulG
01-09-2007, 04:33 AM
His check on the turn indicates that he is on a draw and the only draw out there on the flop is the straight draw, unfortunately on the river its possible that he completes his straight.

I think you should have bet the turn a check the river.

HitNRunPoster
01-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Good point re the pacing of the raise. T9 is a double-gut on that flop.

When he raised the river, I wasn't really looking too carefully at the flop at all, to me it was like Q72 rainbow, which of course, it isn't. Part of hte reason that I considered it like Q72 is because he was a UTG limp-caller. I was just weirded out by the flop call, and I figured I was against a monster or Qx. The turn confused me and on the river I instacalled because I didn't know what was going on.

I think villain showed something like 97s for the straight on the river, which was a bad limp but a good call PF, and surprisingly effective straight-forward play post-flop. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ama0330
01-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I think I'd lead towards checking the flop here, as being wa/wb I dont want to get any money in with a hand that basically sucks OOP. Id check flop, bet the turn, and if called, either cc river or block it for 1/2 pot. I dont like spending good money protecting hands that are easily outkicked.

Re. your river bet, I really doubt that any worse hand will call a bet of that size, and you have decent showdown value, so I'd just c/c something reasonable. Its too tight to fold given that not a lot beats you, but I think that a river lead is bad.