View Full Version : K8o makes a gutshot

HitNRunPoster
01-08-2007, 09:00 PM
villain is aggressive

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.03
UTG+1: $86.04
CO: $30
hero: $58
SB: $56.10
BB: $26.53

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO folds.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $21.03</font>, hero calls.

freedom18
01-08-2007, 09:23 PM
ez fold on the flop and PF... other wise make it 2.5 PF and then fold to getting bet into vs the SS

Low_Card2
01-08-2007, 09:25 PM
i like the raise PF.. and i hope the converter screwed up on the flop /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rael
01-08-2007, 10:13 PM
If you're going to call his re-raise, why not just push first? Seems it would increase your fold equity and would prevent you from having to decide whether to call off your last $9 when you're probably barely getting the odds.

Calling $9 to win $38 (if my addition is right), that's barely better than 4-1. How many outs are you giving yourself? Are you assuming there is a chance your K high is good?

Low_Card2
01-08-2007, 10:24 PM
his post says MAKES a gutshot.. I think the converter screwed up..

rael
01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I interpreted the title as "makes a gutshot draw", but a converter malfunction would definitely explain a lot...

HitNRunPoster
01-09-2007, 04:22 AM
I meant flopped a gutshot. I guess makes is a little ambiguous, though "hits" means I turned or rivered it, for sure. Anyways, I truncated the history after calling the push because the last cards don't matter as long as the deck is fair.

Personally, I think folding vs the donkbet is correct, and I'm curious about calling for my gs+oc on the flop forward... Not sure how that stacks up against his range here. I mean, I know I'm getting odds to call vs hands like JJ, but I'm not sure how often I'm against scarier hands like sets or 2pr or the straight (and I'm calling with effectively 1.5 outs). So I'm curious about what you guys think of the river call.

The 4bb pfr instead of 5bb was just a mouse error. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Someone suggested pushing the flop. It's worth noting that a PSR here is I htink $14.50 or something, not 12. I'm not sure if villain picked up on that but that's possible. I'm interested in knowing what hands will fold to a push but call $9.50?

Waingro
01-09-2007, 04:49 AM
I think his bet size in relation to the pot and his remaining stack makes this a pretty easy fold to his flop donk. He is felting whatever it is he has a good portion of the time. And your equity vs pairs and random bluffs isnīt so hot so just fold.

I think it is pretty safe to say you have 7 outs most of the time so I think you can call the push.