PDA

View Full Version : Spew or Okay?

LateFlag
01-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Not new to poker but new to NL. This is probably an easy hand but I'm honestly not sure. Villain was 25/1.9 over 100 hands. I hadn't seen him get out of line.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($5.28)
MP ($3.03)
CO ($3.45)
Button ($2.18)
SB ($2)
BB ($0.77)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, MP calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08, Button calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.48) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.48) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.48</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes</font>

Bowlboy
01-08-2007, 06:23 PM
It's probably not bad at this level since MP could easily have top pair. Not too many players at 5NL raise with their draws against a preflop raiser. I think you gotta 3 bet this on the flop. The turn push is'nt bad with the NFD and average villain has a super wide range.

Low_Card2
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
raise more preflop if you are getting 6 callers /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KurtSF
01-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Raise the flop again, not the turn. So many hands just hit the turn that you're almost certainly getting your money in bad here, though you will have outs (as few as 6, as many as 17, I'd estimate 10 to determine odds). Yep, I'd rather shove the flop.

ADK
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
3 bet flop for sure

keikiwai
01-08-2007, 06:52 PM
ai otf

Esmerelda
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
I 3bet ai on the flop against all but a few nits. This is somewhat debateable because he could be playing a strong draw and it would be better to wait and see what the turn brings against this hand. Given the average villains wide range of holdings it is better to push now before he comes to his senses IMO. This is especially true since you have the redraw to the nuts.

Given his stack size I have decided to try and get it in once he calls the pf raise and very little can change that. (maybe a and all broadway flp with a pair or something but...) The only real question is when.

On the turn, either he is playing his flush very poorly (entirely possible but not often enough to stop you here) or he is trying to protect some sort of weak hand or draw. I push and expect calls from draws and 9's plenty often enough to make this profitable.

kurto
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
All in on the flop? This is horrible.

Hero and his opponent have over 150bb. You're suggesting that everyone get their full stack in on a flop with an overpair regardless of flop action?

That's terrible unless one new for certain that everyone sitting at the table is brain damaged. This is the kind of thinking that's only going to get people stacked as they move up.

I don't think the fact that its a .02 table is enough to say that you should always push any overpair on the flop.

Check_The_Nuts
01-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I think flop is fine since its 6 way. I would check call that turn. Don't waste your heart draw...

Rev. Good Will
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think flop is fine since its 6 way. I would check call that turn. Don't waste your heart draw...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that hero is already ahead(edit: of villians range). How would your river action change if it was a /images/graemlins/heart.gif or not?

Esmerelda
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I agree this play would be horrible at higher levels but I am saying that at these tables it is my default line against unknowns. Unless villain has distinguished himself in some way or the flop is truly disastrous I am continuing to think that way. Once villains flop raise comes the die is cast IMO.

I definitely agree this is not the way to think as you move up so beware (at 10NL I am more cautious if we are at 150BB but under 100 and I am still thinking this way). I still say it is the most +ev at 2NL.

Check_The_Nuts
01-08-2007, 07:14 PM
since hero is drawing to the nuts, he doesn't want to check raise a hand that he would stack anyways on the river.

humm stack sizes are awkward on the river. You couldn't block bet for any reasonable amount and check fold is kinda crappy. I would have bet less on the flop, like 40 cents. I don't like turn, I think I'd rather bet than check raise...

this hand is crazy difficult to play...