PDA

View Full Version : QQ flop set, faces resistance on turn from tightish player

EricW
01-08-2007, 07:22 AM
I didn't have very many hands on the villain up to that point, probably like 20 I think he was like 18/6 at that point. Is the way I played the turn the proper way?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $67.45
Hero: $193.60
CO: $19.05
Button: $65.30
SB: $57
BB: $20.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls, 4 folds.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($11.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $11.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $32.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $65</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $188.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $8.45</font>.
Uncalled bets: $114.9 returned to Hero.

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($158.15, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $158.15)

Results:
Final pot: $158.15

flo
01-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Looks good. Your read on him is from 20 hands, so it's basicly meaningless. He can have AK, AA, KK, JJ, TT, QJ, whatever -&gt; money in!

BT2
01-08-2007, 07:53 AM
i can't believe you raised the turn twice. when i see that scary turn card and his OOP huge bet i am just calling him down prolly.

call&gt;fold&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;raise&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;re-re-raise(wtf?)

nuts
01-08-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd bet pot of the flop, he may be going for a c/r, although probably not as he's the pf raiser.

AA, KK or TT he'd have bet the flop, you can rule these hands out for most people (although some people slowplay too much). For him to wake up on the turn, that leaves JJ or AK, or an unlikely QJ (utg raise).

I think you're losing to AK most of the time, but you only know by his turn 3bet, and then you have 12 outs to the fh.

If you know for certain he has AK, you have to fold to his 3bet on the turn. But because you can't be certain what he has, maybe you should push.

Maybe just calling the turn bet when he wakes up is best, although a bit weak.

BT2
01-08-2007, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet pot of the flop, he may be going for a c/r, although probably not as he's the pf raiser.

AA, KK or TT he'd have bet the flop, you can rule these hands out for most people. For him to wake up on the turn, that leaves JJ or AK, or an unlikely QJ (utg raise).

I think you're losing to AK most of the time, but you only know by his turn 3bet, and then you have 12 outs to the fh.

If you know for certain he has AK, you have to fold to his 3bet on the turn. But because you can't be certain what he has, maybe you should push.

[/ QUOTE ]

no where in this reply do you mention the 9....go back and read the hand

nuts
01-08-2007, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AA, KK or TT he'd have bet the flop, you can rule these hands out for most people. For him to wake up on the turn, that leaves JJ or AK, or an unlikely QJ (utg raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

no where in this reply do you mention the 9.... go back and read the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

no need to be rude.

which 9 containing hands is he raising utg with?
99 only, and even then maybe not.

homeslice
01-08-2007, 08:18 AM
why not reraise PF?

deaders
01-08-2007, 08:20 AM
The turn action in this hand is horrible. Call his turn lead and its not even close, when theres 4 to a straight on the board and a seemingly reasonable villain suddenly comes alive... well think about it.

holyfield5
01-08-2007, 08:34 AM
RR PF
call turn
showdown ship it

Genz
01-08-2007, 09:02 AM
It's hard to come up with a hand that a tight player will raise preflop with that contains a 9. But your read could well be off. He could have a smaller set here. I think I am biased, because I know the whole turn action. If I were in the hand and villain bet at me, I'd be tempted to raise. Looking at the small sample size otoh, I'm becoming scared, just call and hope to fill up.

And I reraise preflop.

munkey
01-08-2007, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn action in this hand is horrible. Call his turn lead and its not even close, when theres 4 to a straight on the board and a seemingly reasonable villain suddenly comes alive... well think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When donked into on a str8 scare card 4 to a str8 we're approaching a potential WA/WB situation. I agree with deaders and any others call reasonable turn and river bets -get to showdown unles we boat river and all you can eat obv.

I rrz preflop, bet 2/3 flop - his range with a 9 is much less in a rrz pot, though 4 to a str8 suck more in rrz pots given stack/pot sizes.

MortenTA
01-08-2007, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no where in this reply do you mention the 9....go back and read the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

wow..About a 9 on the tension scale, Rube /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

oh and..re-raise preflop