PDA

View Full Version : silly AA spot 100NL 6m

the machine
01-08-2007, 03:17 AM
villain is total fish tard. hes 57/13/4 only 86 hands though and at teh time prolly closer to 60 hands but around same stats

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $140
Hero: $100
CO: $70.15
Button: $43.55
SB: $286.60
BB: $40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($11.5, 2 players)

ok time to bet full pot on flop. this board sucks and i need to charge draws. i think hell call down light and hes def calling with any draw so full pot is right price

UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11.5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($34.5, 2 players)

holy ZOMG [censored] stains. what a [censored] turn card. ::pukes in mouth:: well i gotta check now cause i have about no idea where i stand here

UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($34.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $34.5</font>, Hero ??

PSB now???? wtf???? all i beat is a bluff and he insta pots it. sure looks like one. if he had anything that beats me why would he not try to get value out of it.

what to do ohhh what to do???

ZingyDNA
01-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Call. He's so aggro so u gotta see what he has. If he has a flush he just saves u a lot of money.

natzucowww
01-08-2007, 03:24 AM
you beat a lot call or bet the turn cause he sucks and has king eight.

the machine
01-08-2007, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you beat a lot call or bet the turn cause he sucks and has king eight.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn i think betting this turn is a pretty bad line IMO. No? what calls what we beat?? we might also get semi bluffed off the best hand

orange
01-08-2007, 05:06 AM
Eh, vs. a tard I prob call.

Ketelsen
01-08-2007, 06:23 AM
im leaning towards a fold here, but call might be the right decision looking at reads..
tough one...

flytrap
01-08-2007, 06:27 AM
I prolly fold the river. I don't necessarily think he would try to get value by betting less. Lots or players just figure they have a very good hand, why not bet a lot?

AggJedi
01-08-2007, 07:37 AM
In situations like this I really find it better to bet the turn than check behind. Because there are so many times where you will check behind, thinking you may have induced a bluff, then he comes out firing with a pot sized bet and you have no idea what to do.

If you bet the turn though, and he still calls then leads out in the river when a blank hits, you can be almost certain your hand is no good on a board like this. But if you bet the turn, a lot of good but exploitable hands will check it to you on the river, where you can then check it behind to showdown.

A lot of the time when you're in position and a player checks to you, you bet and he calls he's almost always going to check to you on the next street, so try to make sure that the street he checks to you on is the river since you checking behind cannot induce a bluff and it gives you more control of the hand.

BobAllinSki
01-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Call, aggro factor of 4 your gonna snap of a bluff often and sometimes he will just be overvaluing a pair having read weakness on your turn bet, no worse hands call but at 57/13 its unlikely he realises that. You only need to win 1/3 rd to break even. Nice turn check, you invite a bluff, if there is only one bet left it can be better to play in the dark against a range your favourite over than to pay a similar amount to know your beat.

the machine
01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
this has been a fold for me and i guess its kinda weak tight. against this player though i called. normally with a person taking this line with tag stats or passive stats i fold. he was too aggro and the insta PSB on the river it just seemed like a missed draw trying to get max FE

he had Qd 10s and MHIG

id like to get more input on the turn action here. pros and cons of betting the turn...

beardedwhale
01-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Pros are you charge draws, get value when you are likely ahead, and have an easy fold if raised (rather than your difficult decision when bet into on river).

the machine
01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pros are you charge draws, get value when you are likely ahead, and have an easy fold if raised (rather than your difficult decision when bet into on river).

[/ QUOTE ]

like i had said before my only problem with this is we could easily be semi bluffed off the best hand, esp with a guy like this who is super aggro.

should he have a hand like 2 pair he may be going for a cr/ai at which point i lose the opportunity to give myself a free card to take teh lead.

meh i dont know

beardedwhale
01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
True. I'd discount the agression factor number, though. That takes a lot of hands to converge, and his pre-flop raise number is fairly low.