PDA

View Full Version : JJ OOP vs a TAG oh god.

gezuz
01-08-2007, 03:08 AM
Villain is 21/10/3 over 200, I'm only ahead of TT here, which wouldn't bet the turn would it? Oh noes! Or did my small flop bet allow AK to bluff me?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($98.40)
Button ($158.10)
Hero ($99)
BB ($237.40)
UTG ($106.45)
MP ($109.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $9.

Flop: ($25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, UTG calls $16.

Turn: ($57) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $82

tree_stump
01-08-2007, 03:10 AM
The flop bet's okay - it's more than 1/2 the pot.

In all likelihood, he's betting because it looks like you're giving up with your AK and he thinks his 8s or Ts are good. What range do you have him calling you PF with? I certainly don't see a TAG smoothcalling with anything better than Jacks.

I'd lead the turn - you still have an overpair and if he's tight this board shouldn't have hit him.

CappyAA
01-08-2007, 03:10 AM
This is a very very tough spot. Good TAG's may float with anything to try and steal it on the turn, so I think you beat more than TT as other PP's or even AK are in villain's range. I struggle with these spots too though.

flytrap
01-08-2007, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In all likelihood, he's betting because it looks like you're giving up with your AK and he thinks his 8s or Ts are good. What range do you have him calling you PF with? I certainly don't see a TAG smoothcalling with anything better than Jacks.

I'd lead the turn - you still have an overpair and if he's tight this board shouldn't have hit him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree. I think it's common for TAGs to just smoothcall with a big pair here. He knows you like your hand, it's likely AQ, AK, or a big pair. His best chance for value is to smooth-call. I bet a little more on the flop, but I might consider check-folding the turn.

tree_stump
01-08-2007, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree. I think it's common for TAGs to just smoothcall with a big pair here. He knows you like your hand, it's likely AQ, AK, or a big pair. His best chance for value is to smooth-call. I bet a little more on the flop, but I might consider check-folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I don't disagree that it's possible for him to be playing this way, do we really fear the 3 card combinations that beat us and offer him a free card?

flytrap
01-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Giving free cards can be dangerous for sure, but I think this hand is a case of way ahead or way behind. We've got 2 outs if we're beat, and the most outs I could see a tag having is 6 if they have AK, but that is the only hand that we're worried about free cards. I would think a tag would see our check as often times an overpair that has decided to slow down, yet he's bet anyway. Sometimes we'll have the best hand on the turn, but in NL you sometimes have to lay down the best hand.

ZingyDNA
01-08-2007, 03:38 AM
I think u got floated. Lead on the turn again.

anacrime
01-08-2007, 03:41 AM
I probably bet this turn. I don't like check/folding to TAGs who are capable of floating and betting when sensing weakness.

Panthro
01-08-2007, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't c/c turn be just as effective against floaters as a turn lead? I'm not saying c/c is correct in this situation, but I doubt he folds a better hand to another bet, and he calls like never with a worst one.

anacrime
01-08-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't c/c turn be just as effective against floaters as a turn lead? I'm not saying c/c is correct in this situation, but I doubt he folds a better hand to another bet, and he calls like never with a worst one.

[/ QUOTE ]What's your river plan then? Check/call again?

David1234
01-08-2007, 04:09 AM
umm, call?

Panthro
01-08-2007, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]What's your river plan then? Check/call again?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f probably. If I c/c'd the turn I play the river the same way as if I lead the turn and got called. No?

yundmi
01-08-2007, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, any PP/AK is in a TAG's range here.

I bet more on the flop, like 19ish.

Whether you got floated on or not, I have no idea. But villain definitely plays AA-QQ the same way here. You can decide to call here and hopefully he'll slowdown on the river with anything less than Queens, but that's being hopeful.

I definitely think you need to bet bigger on the flop. Folding turn isn't horrible though. Depends on your image.