PDA

View Full Version : AQ vs reg - UB NL 100

dregal
01-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Villian is "Green Spastic" for anyone who plays this game. IMO one of the more solid reg's in the game - I have him at 22/16/3 over 800 hands. I don't believe we have any real history between us, but he should see me a Tagish (I run at 17/14/3 typically).

Comments everywhere welcome

Folds to villain ($116) who opens pot to $3.50. SB folds and hero ($112) 3 bets to $11 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif, Villian calls.

Flop ($22.50) A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, villian checks

<font color="red"> Is checking here bad? I bet here alot, but to change it up I decide to check. I also think that /images/graemlins/heart.gif only make up a small part of his range, and I can get value on later streets by checking here </font>

Turn ($22.50) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets $15, Villian calls $15

<font color="red">Seems standard. Safe card, so time to get some value. </font>

River Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif($52.50)

Hero checks, villian bets $20; hero raises all in $91.35

<font color="red">Eh? </font>

FishRoller
01-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I personally love the way this hand was played- it lets a player bluff off if missed a draw or who just called you pretty thin on turn- and I can't see him getting away from many aces if he called a preflop reraise and you checked the flop. I think ur gettin paid off quite often here. AK is very possible from him too- so nice luckboxing the river Q. lol played perfect vnh

cd1680
01-08-2007, 01:17 AM
I think you should have bet the flop to see where you stand. Since you didn't bet the flop, you don't know what he has. He could have Kh Th here, and just flopped a monster draw, or he could have JJ or 77 and he is slow playing a set. But since you rivered top two pairs, you have to pay him off if he had a set.

blackize
01-08-2007, 01:18 AM
I really like your line and your thinking up until the river.

On the river you've given him a chance to be a worse two pair, missed draw, or air. I don't think you're getting called by any worse hands here except possibly AJ, A7, and occasionally AK. I'd just call the river bet.

dregal
01-08-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On the river you've given him a chance to be a worse two pair, missed draw, or air. I don't think you're getting called by any worse hands here except possibly AJ, A7, and occasionally AK. I'd just call the river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have any chance of getting looked up light here b/c my hand looks like a bluff? That was a large part of my thinking on the river after he bet so small.

Al_Money
01-08-2007, 01:29 AM
nh yo

Praetor
01-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Id just bet myself

blackize
01-08-2007, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do I have any chance of getting looked up light here b/c my hand looks like a bluff? That was a large part of my thinking on the river after he bet so small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your line looks much like a bluff on its own. River checkraises are hardly ever bluffs so I'm guessing he's going to give you at least a little more credit for your raise here. He also is in position and made a bet that gives you 3.5:1 odds to call. I would expect a hand like AK to check behind here, him to value bet AJ AQ or a set, and possibly make this bet as a bluff. I'd rule out QJ because it will generally fold to the turn bet, and I'd rule out A7 and A2 because I would expect them to usually be dumped to the 3bet.

IMO his river bet is either for value with a hand like AQ AJ QQ JJ AA or KThh or a bluff. Bluffs are obviously folding and you aren't beating much of that range.

dregal
01-08-2007, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id just bet myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts on flop check?

Praetor
01-08-2007, 02:02 AM
checking flop here is fine, pretty standard

h_ven
01-08-2007, 02:04 AM
I like your river all-in. A min-raise or a raise of $30 looks like you're dying for a call, but the all-in does look like a bluff here and may get called by a worse hand.

NH

[ QUOTE ]
(I run at 17/14/3 typically)

[/ QUOTE ]

Full ring or 6 max? I'm 18.7/8.6/4.2 through 11K hands for 100NL 6 max.