PDA

View Full Version : Flopping a monster vs a PF raiser..when to call cont bet/when to rais

1C5
01-07-2007, 10:23 PM
This always gives me trouble.

Opponent is average/decent who will most likely lose his stack with an AA or KK type hand.

UTG player raises typical 4x BB. You call on button with 33. Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He bets 3/4 pot cont bet as he does often.

Do you call or raise the flop bet? (assume 100X BB stacks)
What is your reasoning? How does it change if there are just the 2 of you in the pot vs a 3rd or 4th player?

krazyace5
01-07-2007, 10:57 PM
It depends on the type of villain.

Based on the villain you describe I would raise the flop, if he will go broke with KK or AA here he would probably put you on a naked Q and not a huge hand. If you raise the turn this villain can put you on a bigger hand making it easier to get away from his hand. I would play it the same with a 3rd or 4th player in the hand.

Also this type of villain probably has a hard time getting away from AK so he may call your raise on the flop where on the turn he will more likely fold AK if he does not improve.

Alot of villains have a hard time folding to a reraise after they raise even if they have nothing, they have to see the next card and then will often shut down unimproved.

Tickner
01-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Just because he will go broke with AA/KK doesn't mean we should play this particular hand like he has AA/KK. Theres no indication that AA/KK makes up a large part of his range.

I'd call because the board is so dry, and raise/bet the turn.