PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok once in a while?

beardedwhale
01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Villain is 22/18/9 over 800 hands. Very aggressive.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $216.15
CO: $200
Hero (BTN): $240.10
SB: $192
BB: $274
UTG: $333.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $7, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($17, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($39, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $39</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $222.10</font>

Chubbers
01-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I personally don't like this play much. You're chasing an inside straight draw on the flop which is -EV.

Your semi-bluff may have worked but i wouldn't expect it to very often.

beardedwhale
01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't even have a gutshot on the flop. I made the call because the villain has a wide raising range PF and is very aggro postflop, so my hand might have been good.

Jay Riall
01-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Folding the flop is weaksauce. I don't mind the turn too much tbh vs a really agressive opponent. He has to have a pretty big hand to call here. It might make it worse because of the fact he potted the turn, not many people tend to pot streets without good hands. Just a thought.

Chubbers
01-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Oops sorry i misread the flop. But i think you answered your own question when you say 'villain has a wide raising range PF'.

It's safer playing these for set value. Your draw now is really slim which means you should either re-raise the flop (to around $40) if you think he is just putting in a standard cbet and may have missed the board or fold.

Calling here to me isn't the right option because what do you do if a A or K comes on the turn?

beardedwhale
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
If he's thinking, he probably put me on T9s or a pair PF and then 2 pair or a set after going all in on the turn. At least, that was my guess.

mrd0013
01-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I think you aught to raise the flop up to around 35 or so--if the idea of an all-in bluff on the turn has crossed your mind, you need to establish more of a presence on the flop and also gather more information.