PDA

View Full Version : Running a little too hot...

knght311
01-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I have a friend who is a pretty decent poker player and has experience playing NLHE anywhere from .10-.25 all the way to 5-10...never being properly bankrolled for any of it.

Lately he has been crushing the 1-2 NLHE games on FT with multiple sessions where he was sitting with over 1K after only buying in for half the max.

He is currently still under bankrolled for this level, with about 1950Big blinds, and has cashed out about 3K of profits already....well I guess after some winning sessions his BR requirements are getting closer to the standard...

On multiple occasions I have seen him take down pots after flopping straights against nut sets and basically has forumlated a system that apparently to him is "flawless."

Do you think this win rate is sustainable, and if this game is actually "crushable" like he makes it out to be?

I can post hands if you would like further proof of this hot run and to see his play.

ajmargarine
01-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Meh. Yes, you can win at online NLHE at all levels. Yes, you can run hot. Yes, straights hold up against sets oftentimes. His system is not flawless, as their is no system, but it sounds like he plays well, so best of luck to him.

And as this is pretty general, about someone else, and not a strat question, it's clutter and gets the lock.