PDA

View Full Version : What's the best (bluff) line here?

overun
01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
1/2NL home game. I've been playing pretty tight, showing down only premium hands thus far. About 10-15min earlier I had raised 4 hands in a row, but 3 of those times I've shown down strong hands. Villain has been playing pretty TAG. Effective chip stacks of about ~400.

I'm UTG+1 and limp w/ T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Next guy limps.
Villain makes it 15 to go (std raise for him).
Button calls.
I call.
Everyone else folds.

Flop (3way, 50): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check. Villain bets 45. Button folds. I call.

Turn (headsup, 140): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
I lead out for 100. Villain thinks about it for a while, saying how "he can't lay the hand down". Then asks me if we can check it down on the river if he calls. Finally he does.

River (headsup, 340): 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I move in for 229.

Is this a reasonable bluff line, representing either a set or a straight? What's a better way of playing this draw? Comments on all streets appreciated.

orange
01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
PF is pretty nasty.

he's not folding his AK. you might be repping 56s or something, but as far as other straights, i dont really see it. J9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif maybe?

DanIsBluffin
01-07-2007, 04:31 PM
You're not representing anything believeable. If villain is aggressive enough and will second barrel here, c/r the turn all-in rather than lead out. Much more believeable and you've got a strong draw if called.

EddieRooo
01-07-2007, 04:32 PM
The banter makes you think he has ak but he might have something even better, i can't see a way he is calling the turn and then folding the river.

The problem with calling pf here that the pot gets big quickly so making a move at the pot can be very costly. Id count the 100 turn bet as your "bluff" for the hand