PDA

View Full Version : QQ in SB, A on flop: noob line check

MikeNaked
01-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi. My name is MikeNaked and I'm a limidonk learning NL. Nice to meet you too.

I haven't spent many orbits with Villain but he was 27/9 over 40 hands or so. He had "KGB" in his name which led me to believe he was imbued with the spirit of the donk.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $109.75
MP: $103.60
BTN: $139.50
Hero (SB): $127
BB: $194.6

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.5, 5 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.50</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $8

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($24, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, BTN calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($54, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $20</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $20 returned to BTN

Flame away.

wildzer0
01-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I think your line is ok, but I prefer a more passive line in this situation a lot. check/call flop, check/fold turn. If villain checks behind on turn, value bet the river. Most opponents aren't 2nd barreling without an ace, so for roughly the same amount of money, you get a better idea of where you stand.

Fair warning, this may be laughably bad advice - I am the nit to end all nits lately.

MikeNaked
01-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I think I agree with you. As it stands with my line here, I have a hard time putting him on a hand. His turn bet may mean he's got an A or he thinks I'm weak and semis his flush draw, J, or gutshot. I have no idea and that's why my line feels so dirty.

If I take the check-call-check line, his turn action will better help me put him on a range.

As a former limit-guy, I love me my c-bets.