PDA

View Full Version : omg top set AA then...

adi
01-07-2007, 11:30 AM
his numbers are 22/7/2.5. i think he has the flush there but i call for implied odds since i have 10 outs and i think he'll call a pretty big riv bet . you like?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($74.60)
CO ($74.85)
Button ($60.95)
SB ($350.50)
BB ($259.80)
Hero ($243.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($16) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, SB calls $12.

Turn: ($40) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $40</font>, Hero calls $40.

River: ($120) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $100</font>, Hero folds.

Abramovic
01-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Flop bet is a little weak, but otherwise its good.

Isura
01-07-2007, 12:32 PM
NH

Kowalski
01-07-2007, 03:17 PM
I likey.

DMoogle
01-07-2007, 03:53 PM
With stats of 22/7, what is he calling pre-flop with OOP vs. UTG that includes two clubs without an Ace? KQs is the only hand I can think of that might justify it (even that is a little gutsy, I would only call here if there were callers behind me). A lot of players will semi-bluff check-raise a CBet with the nut flush draw, so just calling and then leading the turn for a full PSB is a little suspicious. I don't think he has the flush on the turn, simply because there's only one flush that's *probable*.

The decision between calling and raising on the turn is somewhat borderline, I think. If you call, and he's drawing to the flush, then you're making a mistake by giving him a free card, but if you raise and another club DOESN'T come, then you're in a heap of trouble if he in fact DID have the flush already. I think it really depends on whether you think he called preflop with KQs.

River: I tried to resist being results-oriented on my analysis on the turn, but on the river, we unfortunately find out that he did not have KQs, and we gave him the free card on the turn. Now it's pretty obvious what he has: QcA which makes his play thus far quite sensible (except for the preflop call, which was a little gutsy IMHO), or a bluff. It's hard to think of which hand he'd bluff at this point except maybe an AQ where he bet on the turn to define his hand, and then realizing he was beat when you called, bet the river as a bluff. But I don't think he'd bet the full pot on the turn if that's what he truly had. I still bet he had QcA.

Overall, your play is fine, but you should definitely consider in the future raising the turn for value.